Gauging interest: Midwest Fullsize Chevy reunion

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I had been toying with the idea to try and get a gathering together either later this summer or next spring that features fullsize cars and hopefully brings a lot of rare ones at that...Bel Airs, Biscaynes, ex-race cars, 409 cars etc.......

Any interest in something like that? Post if you are from the midwest or would even consider something like this....thoughts?

Thanks

J

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Love shows and get togethers. Will this be at a track???Gotta go where the tires are in flames! Bob

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
J, The first 09 event I event went to was at THE GROVE. Maybe 1980? First time i met guys like Rusty, Tony Salins and many others. Pretty close to West Allis, right? Great to party with Broadway Bob. What a guy!. Bob

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sounds good. Don't count out Byron Dragstrip.

I'd be OK with The Grove but what about those that don't want to run their cars down the track? Its expensive to pay to get it just as a spectator which in turn means using the parking lot.....I think its $15 to get in as a spectator and like $28 to race???? Can anyone confirm? I haven't run a car there in a couple years.

I like the idea for sure though!

Other suggestions:
have the reunion at a park

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
If I'm not doing anything I'll be there,If I were to drive to West Allis it would 268 miles,but if I drive to Muskegon MI 41 miles and Take The Ferry Boat from Muskegon to Milwaukee WI it would be a short driving trip.

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I heard the ferry is really cool but kind of pricey. Might be a neat experience though either way.

Does anyone want to throw out any dates? Should we try and do this later this summer yet? Like August?

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I have a wedding around the 12th. Byron would be more accomodating, I think, than 66 in Joliet. Us 41 in Morrocco is a lot more south but might work. just see who'd come. Bob