Georgia Shaker

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
has this pic been posted on this site before? just viewed it on facebook View attachment 56749
At the time this image was taken, Hubert Platt still owned the car..... Bell purchased the car at the end of the 63 racing season... He was trailering the car home and another car crashed into the trailer with the "Georgia Shaker" in tow. After procuring new fenders and repairing the damage to the rest of the Z-11, it was repainted as the "New York Shaker."

It is my hope to get the car completed and painted as the NY Shaker and have Mr. Bell "take'er down the track. I think doing this tribute car is one of the few times an original SS was converted to a standard Impala!.............According to Phil,...................I do everything ass backwards!!!:bore2

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
At the time this image was taken, Hubert Platt still owned the car..... Bell purchased the car at the end of the 63 racing season... He was trailering the car home and another car crashed into the trailer with the "Georgia Shaker" in tow. After procuring new fenders and repairing the damage to the rest of the Z-11, it was repainted as the "New York Shaker."

It is my hope to get the car completed and painted as the NY Shaker and have Mr. Bell "take'er down the track. I think doing this tribute car is one of the few times an original SS was converted to a standard Impala!.............According to Phil,...................I do everything ass backwards!!!:bore2
Are you changing everthing back to Impala . Side moulding's ,rear tail light panel, inside cluster SS trim ,dash trim.

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Are you changing everthing back to Impala . Side moulding's ,rear tail light panel, inside cluster SS trim ,dash trim.

Yes - I have acquired NOS rear cove and trunk pieces, NOS Impala Emblems and the inserts on the gauge cluster. Side moldings looks to be a big problem. When Mr. Bell replaced the side molding it appears that he used the black one's. On the Platt car, ....they were white,......on the model kit that was available a while back...the kit used red insert decals. On the color images of the NY Shaker, they show to be black, which I can't bring myself to do as I don't like the look on Monaco Blue.

White will really pop (not as much as the SS), But finding a set (or pieces) that do not need work, is looking difficult. I could use the SS pieces, but I can't bring myself to screwing up some nice originals.