Sad News :( Gerry Gostenik

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I just got news that Gerry Gostenik has passed away. He had been battling multiple myloma since 2015. Gerry was an all around nice guy and I always enjoyed talking him to him at the races. RIP Gerry and hope you are still rowing that four speed in heaven.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
It was hard to know Gerry he was kind of a loner. Had the best sounding 09 at the track when he rowed through the gears, and man could he pound a four gear. Towed his car to the track with a vintage Suburban sporting a fuel injected 409 built by him. Gerry was a school teacher by trade, probably a good one. He will be missed.

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
So sad to hear this news. Gerry was a much admired racer and true gentleman. I last talked with Gerry in Aug. 2018 at Onondaga 1/8th mi. when it was still open. He was running the stick shift shootout, and masterfully rowing that 4 gear. Like Bryan said, Gerry was one cool dude. He will be missed.image.jpeg

Last edited:

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
OH NO! I spoke with Gerry couple months ago. Referred a fellow to him re: the engines he had for sale. As Ray said Gerry was a quiet guy. But if you stopped to talk with him you would find he was truly a mechanical genius and very friendly guy. It's with a very heavy heart I read this. He will be missed!

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sad news, indeed. I met him and got to see that beautiful 61 Belair at Great Bend a few years ago.
R.I.P. Jerry.