gettin it up

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I have 409 front springs in my 62 and would like another inch or two of heigth. What is the best way to do this and keep my suspension travel. With the heavy front spring there is not much rebound left in the suspension. It is just about topped out. Are ball joint spacers a worthwhile idea. I used to cringe at the thought of them, but lots of 4x4 suspension lifts use them. :dunno I want it to be safe and handle good. I will try and post a picture.

Attachments

• pictures 112.jpg
    pictures 112.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 145

Rusty Everitt

Supporting Member 1
Good looking car. It appears to sit level, why are you wanting to raise it up?
Ball joint spacers very popular in the past with no problems.

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Just a little more " attitude " if you will. Another inch or so might look better. If not, I can take them out. Thanks for the info and the compliment!

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Great looking car , Brian. Have you put any miles on the engine since rebuild? Everyone has their own opinion of stance,,, I think it has just the right attitude, as is. Great job.

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
A very cool looking car Brian :beerbang
Maybe try a set of heavy duty 62 station wagon front springs to get a little more height. I know that when I ran these springs in my Bubbletop approximately 1 3/4"- 1 7/8" was gained from stock.

roger gunter

Supporting Member 1
Brian
I have to agree with Ronnie
Looks great just like it is I would not change anything
jmo
have a great year
:cheers
Roger

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Brian,when I did my 64',I bought springs from a company called Shocks to Springs.He's located in Colorado I believe.If you tell him your car application,body style and motor,and how high you want your car ,he can make springs to give you your desired height.I also wanted my car high in the front,mine sits about a 1 1/2-2"" higher than normal in front,I also have the rear up about 2 " as well.He's a good guy to deal with,about 10 days turn around on your product,been in business for about 75 years. His E-Mail is , www.shocks2springs.com. His phone number is 800-344-1966.His name is Mark.They also will make you any type of shock that you need as well. John

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Thanks for the info guys! I read that the spacers will not raise the ride heigth of the car, they will only let the suspension rise more under acceleration. Ronnie, I have no miles on the engine. Just run time on the engine stand and maybe a half an hour in the car. The snow should be gone by June, so I can go for a ride then. Now that I have heat in the garage, I can make some progress on the rest of the car.I am thinking I will need ball joint spacers and a taller spring to accomplish my goal. Or maybe I should just leave it alone?:dunno