Getting a little tired of Show Cars!

El Rat

Well Known Member
I have given up on asking SC for any technical help...they just don’t have the folks capable of providing. However I expected them to replace my faulty light switch. Well it’s been 2-3 weeks and no switch. Bad enough that I had to endure endless questions/comments concerning this Chinese POS from someone that wasn’t born when 409’s roamed the land.
I feel better!

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dealing with some of the people at Show Cars can be a chalenge I agree but, for what its worth purchasing any reproduction Chinese switch or any Chinese electrical parts, that was your first mistake. Find yourself a original light switch clean it up and it will work another 50 years.

4speedman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have bought parts from show cars, returned parts and bought more parts for 20+ years and had no problems. But as i have said in other post these chinese repo from any vender are a challenge a good used gm part is usually better but sometimes there is little choice.

chevy man

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I have bought parts from Show Cars for several years and have never had any problems with them. In fact i remember one time a few years ago they even called me just to verify a certain part i wanted to make sure !!
Your rolling the dice every time you buy anything Chinese that has more than 1 moving part and sometimes not even that !!
Ken

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Kind of, makes you wonder????:dunno Do people, buy their Fine China, from China?:dunno2:dunno You know, it's only used, for Special Occasions.:thud

floyd

Well Known Member
Doesnt matter what you buy,its not from the US,hopefully that will change soon.Getting tired of buying more than one part,before one actually works.

WINTERTEXAN

Well Known Member
El Rat, let's tell the full story. You called me and said you thought you had a defective switch. I told you we would replace it. I gave you a return number, you were to send yours back and we would send a new one out.
You never returned yours, so we are still waiting for your return.
Now you are saying we should have sent it out free., sorry that is not how businesses are run.
By the way, I was born in 1947.

Bruce
Show Cars

ron61

I bought two universal joints from sc and I paid $10 extra for one made in usa. Sc put a sticker on front of the box made in USA turned the box around and in the back of the box made in Mexico. I have received many good parts and advice

El Rat

Well Known Member
Bruce:
First you did not give me a return number. You wanted to bill my credit card before sending me another Chinese light switch. BS...how about me sending you a SC hot/cold sender. It’s F,d up to! I have bought 10s of thousands of parts from Brad Anderson, Mert Littlefield, Bob Newbarry and many other...never have I been asked to invoice my Credit card before sending me a replacement only SC does business like that! You all have no quality control and, expect for Bruce, you all are technically illiterate!
I will continue to buy items from SC that are hard to source off shore, ARP products, fuel lines, certain gaskets and so on but NO electronics.
Note: after I tested the hot/cold sending unit I walked to the creek behind the house and chunked it in. It’s very shiny and I can see it from the bank...it’s a great reminder. Bought a NOS one from eBay. Tested perfectly.
I was born in 1945.

El Rat

Well Known Member
SCs has lots of “stuff “ unfortunately much of it comes from China.
I think most folks would pay more for a made in America part. China is not your friend but they do improve SCs bottom line.

Rockfish39

Supporting Member 1
What I find amazing is, China can make Motherboards, Video Cards, Hard Drives etc. for Computers. :clap Why can't they make a usable Auto Light Switch?:doh
The truth is, they could if they wanted to. The Chinese are masters at counterfeit and near exact duplication.
But quality in their business models means doesn't sell to enough people, inexpensive does. And inexpensive almost always means CHEAP over here