Gittin' her ready......

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
for some tripping!!!!

Starting to get the 63 Belair road ready!!!! Haven't had it out for 3 years. Have it out in the open on jack stands so I can get under it. Drained the anti-freeze and it is still green!!! No junk in the anti-freeze!!!! Next will be draining the oil and filter!!

Want to address the gas tank and lines. Don't know if I need a bore scope to check the tank. Don't want to drop it unless it's necessary. But want to blow out the fuel lines. I bought a date correct 3499-S carb and had Dick Katter do his number on it. It is gorgeous!!!!!

I try to make the dates codes more correct when I work on it. But.....now I have a quandry........I still have the 4-speed radiator from my original 63. Correct date code for this car. Don't know if you remember this car has it's original stamped block and original stamped original BW T-10 4-speed. The 018 radiators are scarce but would make the more original.

Gonna use the creeper to clean under the car. It was in Peublo, CO and is not rusted any where. It was just painted black.

When I was still in business, I bought all the correct dated rubber parts for this car in case they were be necessary. Hoses, belts, spark plug wires and other parts. I'll check it all over.

Other than an interior cleaning and waxing the outside. No big deal.....right????? This will be my summer for a while. Why you ask. Candy agreed to a 62 Corvette but I have to sell 4 things for the cash!!!! The 63, 2015 Impact toy hauler and 2 trailers. Going to pay cash for any Corvette I want!!!!

So that gonna be my summer.!!!!
20200510_175340.jpg20200510_180736.jpg20200510_184620.jpg20200510_184642.jpg

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Yes Paul. Kenny gave it to Gary Jespersen as a down payment on his 62 silver/ red SS he had at Great Bend.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I remember Kenny talking about "yours now" 63, as an 63 original 409 car including the motor.
I vaguely remember it in is garage.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
And what's interesting Paul....Kenny and Tom found a red/red 63 Belair at Tom's neighbor and bought it for the interior of this car!!!!!! The front seat cloth was worn so Kenny bought some NOS cloth and recovered the front seat. Except for new carpet....the interior seats and door panels are all original!!!!
I'll post more pictures when I get to the interior.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
What would it cost to change the interior to red?????
Thanks for the pictures Pat. Found a red/red near you. Might have to stop by and talk to your finance department!!!!!!