Global West Bump Steer Kit and Drop Spindles

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Rather than hijack someone's thread, I thought I'd start my own.

I know there has been a lot of praise and good experiences with the Bump Steer kit from Global West, but I haven't paid attention to anyone's experience with the kit and 2" drop spindles.

The first problem I've run into with my drop spindles and Air Ride Lower Control Arms is steering arms didn't clear their oversized ball joint housing and grease zert. I have part of the problem solved by shaving the mounting face of the steering arms a little bit. This moved the steering arms further apart from each other by roughly a quarter inch, nearly an eighth each side. Once my neighbor's shop has some free time, we're going to look at relocating the grease zert to either the top of the ball joint or drilling and tapping a hole in a better location. I'll post results once this is done.

I suppose I could have sent the lower control arms back, but after owning them for two years, I don't know if they would have taken them back or if I would have made a better replacement choice. On the upside, at least I had purchased them before the price went up $150! My lower control arms had to be replaced one way or another, I had them blasted and saw a brazed welding job repair under all the road grime.

I know few if any vendors communicate or otherwise design their parts to work together, which results in leg work on our part. While I know I can't stop the frustration any of the mis-match in parts will cause, I'm hoping a little knowledge will cut down on unneeded spending.

Thanks in advance for sharing experiences/lessons learned.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I installed global west kit.only changed upper a arm' the rest is stock.Only problem I had to modify was extend the sway bar link''s length to clear sway bar over to top of tie rod''s .

Eric Kozmic

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Global West sure outs out some great videos both on YouTube & Facebook.

If I was going away from "stock", this would be the company to look at.

Seems like they have plenty of suspension related parts for our cars.