Goat Stand

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Just finishing up another project that's keeping me away from the '62. A goat hoof trimming stand for Deb's birthday present. Need to smooth all edges and paint it. I don't know where the heck all of these projects are coming from, but I'll be glad when there all done.20190317_105615.jpgIMG_20190317_110054_720.jpg

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Welding that kind of metal is nice. Try some 22ga sheetmetal for fun! (NOT) That's what I was doing earlier for a lathe enclosure I'm making. Should have used rivets! :angry
Thin metal is tricky to weld. Try tig welding .050" aluminum, gotta move fast. Well, did you post pictures of you enclosure yet?

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I was actually asking Jim on his 63.....
I haven't touched my '63 in several years. Last I worked on it, I had most of the metal work done. I think I got burned out a little then started on a few air cleaners. I haven't worked on one of my cars since. Then along came the '62, which I was hoping would be a quicker build than the '63. But way too many small projects have been popping up, one after the other. Now I'm really looking forward to working on a car.

bobs409

Administrator
Well, did you post pictures of you enclosure yet?

I'll just piggy back this onto your thread Jim since you asked. You may now see the new "enclosure". (that's what I'm calling it because I can't think of anything better) :D

Look at it now because this is the cleanest it will ever be. :p

Had to make it in 2 pieces as my sheet metal brake is only 36 inch and this is 48. It will serve the purpose.

DSCN2511.jpgDSCN2515.jpgDSCN2516.jpg

At least all those nasty metal shavings won't be falling behind the work bench now! :D