Goddamn bifocals

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
oil.jpg
Used to be able to change oil and not have more than ten drops on the floor. I am blaming the bifocals for the miss, not that I'm old. The short one said she was going to rat me out to my boys because I used to raise particular hell when they made a mess on my floor. Can't trust anyone anymore.
I think I just need a hoist so I can line up better...

Junky

Well Known Member
This is what I use. When I know that it is time for an oil change, I get everything ready for when I come home and the engine oil is hot. Park the car, open the hood, and pull the dipstick. Insert plastic tube to the bottom of the dipstick and turn on the pump. Let the pump run till all the oil is out. Fill the engine with fresh oil, and when the engine is cold, I remove the oil filter and replace. Should something happen where I need the car immediately before the oil filter change, the fresh oil is already in the engine. Also prevents forgetting to refill the crankcase with oil when the engine is cold for the oil filter change. Been doing it this way for over 10 years. Many of the new cars don't even have drain plugs any longer, and this is the only way to drain the engine. Also works well for transmission oil changes. You barely get your hands dirty. The best part, is that you can empty the bucket of oil into gallon containers, by reversing the direction of pumping with the 3 position switch on the motor.

P.S..... that mess on the floor is in front of the car, and there is no excuse for that. To put it bluntly, some people shouldn't attempt to change their own oil !!

14557425_LRG.jpg

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Lotta time in the summertime, I’ll change my oil in the driveway....... a little breeze tends to make a mess....... go to your local automotive store they sell about a 3 x 3 flat drip pan , put that underneath your oil drain container.......Wipes clean easy

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
View attachment 68578
Used to be able to change oil and not have more than ten drops on the floor. I am blaming the bifocals for the miss, not that I'm old. The short one said she was going to rat me out to my boys because I used to raise particular hell when they made a mess on my floor. Can't trust anyone anymore.
I think I just need a hoist so I can line up better...

I figgered there was a lot of iron in the aggregate up there and you didn't want your driveway to rust.....:crazy:crazy