Going on the Dyno

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Russ, I was wondering about load on the dyno compared to track load and if it could be set for more accurate input.
Then you have inertia taking play on the track.

RCampbell

Well Known Member
Russ, I was wondering about load on the dyno compared to track load and if it could be set for more accurate input.
Then you have inertia taking play on the track.
The dyno experience is close to track conditions. I tune on the dyno and go to the track... rarely change the tune. The dyno expense is a good investment. $500 to find maybe 20 hp????

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I made a couple of pulls on the dyno with the Crusher last night. I live right next to a county blacktop road with a mile straight to the south and a half mile straight away to the North. My car is licensed so I wait until the County Deputy goes home at 5 PM, make sure there are no cars around and test her out. I live right where everyone raced back in the day. Lots of cars turn around out here from town and burn the cobs out. On one end lives a circle track guy and on the other is a guy that bought a new 64 the same color as mine for his first car.. They don't mind the headers open..................:burnout

Last edited:

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have neighbors that let me get away with doing burnouts with open headers here. Don't do it a lot but enough!
When I was doing a lot of work on Harleys, I would always tell my neighbors that for "any" reason, if I am bothering you, come by and I will take care of it. No hard feelings. I almost never had a problem, however I got along with my neighbors and I always approached them first when I moved into a neighborhood or a new person moved into ours.