going to try this cam

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
This is the cam card for the stick I am going to try. 348 block +40. 409 crank, Eagle Big block rods, 10.5:1 C&A forged pistons, 333 heads with SS valves and pocket ported, milled 20 thou. In my 62 belair with turbo 400/2000 stall/411 gear. 1.7 roller rockers. Won't know any numbers until the new dyno is installed.

Attachments

• cam card.jpg
    cam card.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
:dunno looks about right to me. :deal I'm no expert but I'll bet that combo will make lots of power. :cheers

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Fyi

I called Comp Cams on Friday afternoon and worked out the specs on this cam. They gave me a number for the grind. I called Summit about 5 minutes later and placed the order. The cam was a custom grind. It arrived at my house on Wednesday afternoon. It seems to me, this is the way to do business. Cost? $159.00 plus $12.00 shipping. These two businesses come highly recommended by me. I wasn't expecting this kind of service, but happy with the outcome.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I agree Models, Placed an order with Summit last Wednesday morning and recieved Friday afternoon. I dont even know how that is possible!!! They must have a Fed-Ex truck in their parking lot ready to leave every 30 min. It sure is nice to do business with someone who treats the customer so good.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Cam.

That cam is the Xtreme Energy 268 cam ground on a 349/409 core. I run this cam in my 409 short block topped with 348 heads and three two manifold. The rest of my driveline is very close to your build. I ordered my cam from Summit Racing also.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
SUMMIT Racing

Can't speak for the cam, but I throw my vote in for SUMMIT service also. I have ordered from them twice, and both times the order came in within a couple of days.

I talked to ShowCars yesterday about an order and they told me 10-15 days, what's up with that ??? To bad we can't get good service from those that have us handcuffed for 348/409 parts. Seems to be the same story at LGC. Everything is back ordered or out of stock !!!

Mr Goodwrench

Well Known Member
I would call phill reed.... I think he can get most anything showcars can get. from what we've heard about show cars the last few months I would be afrid to buy a radiator cap from them. jack gibbs aka thumper yellow at 409 chevy performance would be another choice.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Mr Goodwrench said:
I would call phill reed.... I think he can get most anything showcars can get. from what we've heard about show cars the last few months I would be afrid to buy a radiator cap from them. jack gibbs aka thumper yellow at 409 chevy performance would be another choice.

Phil Reed gets most of his parts direct from ShowCars, maybe they treat him better than the rest of us !!! :brow

I've been working with Jack Gibbs almost daily because he's helping me with a motor, he's been very helpful, but he says he's going to quit ASAP... :cry That's to bad because he is one you can count on to stand behind his work and send you parts when he said he would..

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
FYI to Everyone !!!!

Just FYI to all.... I jsut received a call from Brad at Showcars. He is refussing to do busniss with me because of my post on this forum !!! :dunno

I told him that was fine with me, there are other suppliers. He is planning a lible suite againist me and others because of this post... :roll

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Sad news.

Nuts, keep us informed. With over a thousand members I think we would all be very interested in any law suit aimed at one of our members, I know I would.