Good Guys In Indy

51T409

Well Known Member
Any members going to Indy this week-end for the Good-Guys I know Blue Screamer is , just wondering if anyone else was?

gearhead409

Well Known Member
i will be there about 7:30 am sat. PM me, maybe we can do lunch. same place as last year, hope we don't get rained on this time!!!!

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'll be there. Taking my 32 3-window.

Right now, I'm waiting for the storm to go by before I pull out.

Last year, we had rain all week-end. Sucked.

:coffee:

gearhead409

Well Known Member
61belairbubbletop

Indy this year was a 180 from last year, "BEAUTIFUL" weather, Great weekend. i must have looked at 500 32 fords, never did find yours. did see Allen run the bluescreamer, his 60ft times looked real good, didn't get to talk to him. the big Tin Indians (pontiacs) were real fast this year. met up with 51t409 but didn't see any other members. i really am begining to like the rat-rods,you can spend alot of time looking at them. the art work can blow you away!

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I didn't park with all the other 32's. I parked across the road, with my buddies.
Didn't even go over and look at 'em.

My buddy John won "Streetrod Eliminator" in his 32 5 window w/smallblock.
His best time was a 7.01 ! Very cool ! We were all hootin' & hollarin' at him on
the return lane when he was going thru elimination's.

My wife & I were over on the far back side of the pit area, checking out a red
62 Bel-Air 409/409 race car when we heard them announce over the PA that
John was up next against the current title holder. Man, we had to run across
the pit's to the fence to see him run. Barely made it. Two years ago that guy got
John at the lights. Last year was a wash due to rain. Sucked. This year was
great! I got all burnt-up from the sun. I'll try to post an image of John's car.
His is tan 5-window. Mine is a black 3-window. :cheers

Attachments

• John on return lane.JPG
    John on return lane.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 32 driver side.JPG
    32 driver side.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 60

gearhead409

Well Known Member
61belairbubbletop

looks like you and John have a pair of real nice 32s. this is what's nice about the GoodGuys shows, if you want to race your hotrod, you can. congrat's to John. i'm building a steel body five window for a customer right now. highboy, lobeck chassis, blower motor. there's alot of sheet metal work but when it's done he will have bragging rights ( real steel body) hope he has deep pockets! it would have been fun talking to you, maybe next time. Loren

51T409

Well Known Member
just got back myself . really nice cars. so what did you think of THE FREAK SHOW in the picks area? what is our hobby coming too!!! did you see the black 61 409 in the same row the red 62 409 was in? it was beside Allen, did you see Allen? he wasn't in the area when gearhead and i were there.

scotty t

Supporting Member 1
His is tan 5-window. Mine is a black 3-window. :cheers[/QUOTE]

does the owner of the 5 window live on 600w? my parents live down the road from a car that looks similar :dunno