Good-Guys Scottsdale

MileHiSS

Supporting Member 1
Any one in the Scottsdale area, that might be going to Good-Guys or the Pavillions Friday night get together?

dave in denver

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Any one in the Scottsdale area, that might be going to Good-Guys or the Pavillions Friday night get together?

dave in denver

I plan to be there. The Pavillions cruise night is normally on Saturdays. Is this a special night for the Goodguys event?:scratch

MileHiSS

Supporting Member 1
I meant Saturday. I also saw that there were Nostalgia Drag Racing near Surprise on Sunday. Have you ever been?

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I went to the Goodguys meet today in Scottsdale. A lot of nice cars there but not many W powered. I can only look at so many "Mc350's" or "Mc502" crate engines before my eyeballs cage.:eek:
This 54 Bel Air 2 door hardtop was very nice and had the best W engine installation, in my opinion. I know, Dick, it's red but it's still nicely done. I would have done it in turquoise and white myself. The pics don't do it justice but I haven't learned how to resize pics to100kb without losing resolution.:scratch
There was a pretty good swapmeet but I have a problem with the way they run it. It is set up on a raised area all the way behind the car display field with no separate access. That creates a problem trying to carry something out of there and they won't let you drive in to pick anything up. You could take a cart but you have to drag it down the hill into the display field and then back up the other side at the swapmeet then do it all over again to get out to parking. I scored a set of December 1961 real 2.02 fuely 461X casting heads and spent 2 hours trying to get them back to the truck. They don't even have any kids with carts to hire to help.... Their Liaility Insurance Lawyers probably won't let them.:nono1: :deal

Attachments

• 54belair3481A.jpg
    54belair3481A.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 54belair3482A.jpg
    54belair3482A.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 54belair3483A.jpg
    54belair3483A.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 86

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Cecil, What would the liability insurance lawyers say about an old fart dropping a 461X head on his foot after being forced to carry it around for an hour ?? Sounds like you would have a good case to me. :cheers :cheers

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I went to the Goodguys meet today in Scottsdale. A lot of nice cars there but not many W powered.
This 54 Bel Air 2 door hardtop was very nice and had the best W engine installation, in my opinion. I know, Dick, it's red but it's still nicely done. I would have done it in turquoise and white myself.

Cecil, We were down in Seaside, Oregon in September and I took a few pics of this 54' Bel-Air...:brow What do you think...:D

Attachments

• 54'Bel-Air1.jpg
    54'Bel-Air1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 54'Bel-Air2.jpg
    54'Bel-Air2.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 54'Bel-Air3.jpg
    54'Bel-Air3.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 86

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Cecil,
Dan,
I'm not a big fan of the late 40 to 1954 Chevy styling but these cars are outstanding! Very nice workmanship and they have "W" engines in them. If the owners are members here maybe we should consider one of them for next year's calendar.

MileHiSS

Supporting Member 1
Cecil,
I'm in Scottsdale at GGs now. I brought my 62 biscyne and a 62 413 white dodge. We won a Good-Guys pick with the dodge. We also sold a 35 Ford Cabriloet at the swap meet for$37,500. Nice survivor car. I think we could have gotten $40,000 for it, but it's too late now. Anyway, at least it doesn't have to be hauled back home .

I won't be able to go to the drags. I was llooking forward to it.

If you come out today, look for me. I'd like to meet you. I was unloading my biscayne yesterday morning at 5:00 am and scraped the side of the trailer. It has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever done. Now I have a great white scratch down the side of my nice black paint. Oh well, I guess I can fix it, but the frustration level is way up there. We went to the Pavillions last night. It was packed. There sure were a lot of Fords.

see ya
dave nickles

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Cecil,
Dan,
I'm not a big fan of the late 40 to 1954 Chevy styling but these cars are outstanding! Very nice workmanship and they have "W" engines in them. If the owners are members here maybe we should consider one of them for next year's calendar.

Don't know if either one is a member but, they should be...:deal

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Cecil, We were down in Seaside, Oregon in September and I took a few pics of this 54' Bel-Air...:brow What do you think...:D

That is the perfect 54. All original looks and interior (except the shifter and tach), original colors and no modifications that aren't reversible (as far as I can tell). A nice clean engine installation without all the billet.
And It's not RED!:p :D

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Cecil,
I'm in Scottsdale at GGs now. I brought my 62 biscyne and a 62 413 white dodge. We won a Good-Guys pick with the dodge. We also sold a 35 Ford Cabriloet at the swap meet for$37,500. Nice survivor car. I think we could have gotten $40,000 for it, but it's too late now. Anyway, at least it doesn't have to be hauled back home .

I won't be able to go to the drags. I was llooking forward to it.

If you come out today, look for me. I'd like to meet you. I was unloading my biscayne yesterday morning at 5:00 am and scraped the side of the trailer. It has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever done. Now I have a great white scratch down the side of my nice black paint. Oh well, I guess I can fix it, but the frustration level is way up there. We went to the Pavillions last night. It was packed. There sure were a lot of Fords.

see ya
dave nickles

Dave,
Sorry to hear about your boo-boo. I know how you feel. Friday, I was unloading the 60 El Camino off my trailer and didn't check to see that the ball latch was engaged......as you might imagine, when the car rolled down the ramp, the hitch came off the ball and travelled forward and upward right into my tailgate ripping the handle off.:doh :mad: :mad:
I think I saw your car but didn't notice the scratch. Very nice. I was so worn out by the time I left, I didn't stop at Pavillions like I usually do. It really sucks getting old. Can't make it out today but I would make a special effort to meet up with you if you come back in Jan for BJ or any of the other auctions. That goes for anybody else as well.
:cool: