Good Guys Texas Motor Speedway

Shaark92

Well Known Member
Anyone attending/participating in this event in Fort Worth 12-14 March?

Starting our trek through the restoration of Polly, we attended a couple of these. Considering making an entry but I expect it'd be more enjoyable to participate "not solo." ???

What's the skinny on entering the car show? The flyer is kinda vague. Lotta advertisements though.

(my reference is from showing Texas Longhorns; the show chair would publish the show information which included the logistics/map/bring withs ... consider havings ... somewhat spoon feeding I guess, but the best run shows had all that information readily available ... very very few questions prior to leaving the casa with the critters ... changes for the veterans, or especially for first-timers)

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Here is the Goodguys Web site
https://www.good-guys.com/events/2021-events

Here is the Texas Event from that web site
https://www.good-guys.com/slsn

these shows add information too my knowledge I have been to 3-4 in Des Moines always the same _about 5000 cars at last event before virus.

Lots of cars, vendors, plenty of on site food and persons driving their classics and rat rods through event at slow speed.
Bring chairs if entering event.
These Goodguy's shows are not designed for awards or classes of cars (they give some awards but you have to have a high end car or truck....
-they are for 74 and older cars, trucks (they might have changed the upper year allowance).
They have a Autocross to watch.

You have to be a Goodguys member to attend with a car to my knowledge
There are videos on this web site of Goodguys events

Paul

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Paul I have shown the 62 SS 409 in several Good Guys Events and even was awarded top 12 I believe for muscle car of the year a few years ago. Their classes are truly not a strict classification like I am used to but the whole experience is relaxed compared to what I have been used to. I believe there is a classification for cars not really a true show car but I don’t recall the class or group. The judging is subjective which I believe lends itself to interesting awarding as I have even witnessed.
the 62 car was very well received by the public and participants at each event and the officials were tops. I have seen some of the nicest street rods imaginable also.
Robert

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Been many times. You can’t go thinking you are going to win anything, just go to enjoy the cars.

I quit taking cars about 5 years ago.

I too learned judging is subjective.

That’s ok if you know that going in.

I didn’t and had taken the 65 A990 Dodge.

Seems they didn’t know what the Dodge was.
They chose a 70 something 383 nice looking car, but kind of out of place in what ever class we were in.

I had shoes older than the judge, but he had a job to do and he chose what he liked.

I could care less about another plaque or trophy, just should be fair and equal competition.

Should have taken a Chebby!

wristpin

Well Known Member
Been many times. You can’t go thinking you are going to win anything, just go to enjoy the cars.

I quit taking cars about 5 years ago.

I too learned judging is subjective.

That’s ok if you know that going in.

I didn’t and had taken the 65 A990 Dodge.

Seems they didn’t know what the Dodge was.
They chose a 70 something 383 nice looking car, but kind of out of place in what ever class we were in.

I had shoes older than the judge, but he had a job to do and he chose what he liked.

I could care less about another plaque or trophy, just should be fair and equal competition.

Should have taken a Chebby!
Id vote for the A990 !!

Shaark92

Well Known Member
You can’t go thinking you are going to win anything, just go to enjoy the cars.
I go to win and win hands down!

Now, whether I actually do or not ... kinda like the lottery ticket.

My wonder is this particular show. where to arrive, what to expect in the flow of finding the "spot" to setup and show. We've done several backyard shows, but never one this large.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I go to win and win hands down!

Now, whether I actually do or not ... kinda like the lottery ticket.

My wonder is this particular show. where to arrive, what to expect in the flow of finding the "spot" to setup and show. We've done several backyard shows, but never one this large.

usually there will be office parking out front for passes etc at that main office look for the people going in and out. Once in there is all the maps and helpful people to get your show area defined. Depending what your class is usually determines your parking area and what entrance gate to use. Relax and enjoy the scenery as the packet will tell you about judging proceedings
Robert