Good quality quarter panel

Gus68

Well Known Member
Hey guys! I have my 62 Bel Air at my buddys body shop right now. The car is actually in pretty good shape, the only major part I need to order is a driver side quarter panel. And he also told me that I could be able to just get the rear half quarter. So I have been looking around and have found them in prices from 130 bucks up to 500 bucks, but even though some are sold threw different companys and with different names, the all apper to me like they are prettymuch made by the same company. If so should I just go with whoever is cheapest? Or is there a good quality company some of you guys might recommend? I would like to get a decent quarter but I just don't want pay high price if they are all the same.

Gus68

Well Known Member
Damn... Went to Dyacorns web site and couldn't find 62 quarter panels, actually couldn't find any sheetmetal for a 62. Could be operator error. I keep coming up with Sherman brand when I search a lot of different companys. Are they any good?

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
As far as I know there are only patch panels available for the '62. Even the so called full quarter panels for '62s are still just patch panels and are not full quarter panels. We used these "full quarter panels" from CARS, I think Hubbards carries the same panels. They are ok(being the only full panel available) but be prepared to do some messaging of the body lines. Hubbards will probably be the first to carry an actual full replacement quarter panel as they work closely with Dynacorn.

bobs409

Administrator
Be careful with patches and 1/2 quarters, etc. This might be comparing apples with oranges but I bought 1/2 quarters for my 72 Chevelle and they were terrible! I regret it to this day and plan on redoing the whole damn car again because of them. :bang

They looked nice leaning against the wall at the place I bought them but when I went to install them, I found there was not enough metal on the bottom to meet the trunk drop off (had to weld on about a 2 inch piece!) and the overall shape in the panel was just "not quite right". Add to that your now dealing with a long seam to weld, it was not worth what I saved over buying a complete panel. Live and learn... :rolleyes

Now that may not be the case with 62 pieces but something to think about. :hide

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
The 62 full panels go just past the top fold a inch or so., not to the window or trunk edge. We decided to cut the top off and weld just below the trim holes. So the weld was under the side trim, but I'm talking a Impala not a BeAir. We didn't feel the top fold was as sharp as the stock fold, but that was us, not everyone will agree.
We had a few trouble areas, near the doors. To get the gap right and the hardest one was the gas filler hole. That gas hole was not stamped very deep, so the gas cap door would not set right, worked on that for a few days. Also the wheel well inside lip was not as thick where the inside wheel well meet.
Panels were from Cars that had Dynacorn on the box.