Good time

RussC

Well Known Member
Evan brought his 63 down for body and paint. Dennis picked up his Belair. Phil came down. We spent a day and a half taking care of business and socializing. Dennis prepared a really special Cajun lunch. A good time for all. Susan and I are pleased that Phil brought pajamas this time !IMG_1472.JPGIMG_1472.JPG

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
So anyway.......after 30 some years, I figured out that Russ is an AGITATOR !!!!!!!!
It started like this.....
What Corvette club have you joined?
None.
How do you know your car is right?
I don't care.
But will you know.....they will tell you what's wrong with it!
I don't care!!!!
But they will tell you anyway!!!
I don't care....it's my car and I like it!!!
Be you will be an embarrassment to the Corvette community!!!!
I don't care...it's MY CAR!!!!
They will ask you to leave.
No they won't BECAUSE I'M NOT GOING TO JOIN!!!!
They won't like you then.
I DON'T CARE!!!

WAS LIKE THAT ALL WEEKEND!!!!!
And I slept in my jeans the other time I slept on the divan!!
But it was an enjoyable trip with Susan, Dennis and Evan!!!!

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I once was a member of the local Corvette Club. I never went to meetings or car runs, but did attend a few gatherings. I've had the car now for some 20 plus years. She's a nice driver. I knew I had replaced most of the hoses and clamps with non-OEM parts and you'd think I'd committed a sin :) :) :).

Glad to learn Evan and Dennis had a crowd at the unveiling of the '62 Belair and the drop off of the to-be 1963 lightweight clone :).

Cheers! TomK

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I wonder what Corvette clubs have in common with the 348-409 crowd? My first guess is nothing. They may not know the expression It is what it is? The Cadillac crowd could however hang out with the Corvette crowd.
I went to old car shows with my mint red 63 split window and would see the corvette crowd arrive together and park together. They would hardly glance at my car, even though it was frequently the only C2 there and most had never seen it before. Too busy dusting off their C5,6, etc.
And I’m a nice guy, like Phil. Just ask me and Phil.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I wonder what Corvette clubs have in common with the 348-409 crowd? My first guess is nothing. They may not know the expression It is what it is? The Cadillac crowd could however hang out with the Corvette crowd.
I went to old car shows with my mint red 63 split window and would see the corvette crowd arrive together and park together. They would hardly glance at my car, even though it was frequently the only C2 there and most had never seen it before. Too busy dusting off their C5,6, etc.
Corvette club guys make up a certain demographic that lends it self to money but very little practical knowledge. They show up with a car that will never see the track while in their possession and will scoff at someone having the wrong wiper blades. The late model Vettes are the worst. They polish their pile of money and have done nothing more than sign for a car in a brocher.
Most of the guys here put knowledge over money and we tend to like to spend time at the track when we can. We are also incredibly helpful to anyone no matter what they drive even if we have to bite our tongue with numbers matching Corvette guys. As soon as Mustangs came with more power than a Corvette, I lost any respect Corvettes ever had. I love telling Corvette guys that real Corvettes have 6 cylinders. LOL! Blue Flame for life! :laugh2

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Absolutely nothing other than the Bow-Tie that represents the brand!!! I bought my Corvette when I was 21 and still have it and never have or ever would join a snobby Corvette club, newer Corvettes do nothing at all for me.