GoodYear trailer tires

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I’m going to change my trailer tires.
I have a way to get a GoodYear corporate discount.
Question, what’s the best 16” GoodYear trailer tire as they have 2 or more on market, so what one is the USA made tire, anyone know ?
My trailer tires are around 9 years old, so I believe it’s time to change them, and also I don’t want any problems on my the trip.
But I do want to keep the tires GoodYear, as they have been good for me is the reason to stay with GoodYear, but what one is USA made ?
I’ll be pulling my 24’ open with my 62 on it from Michigan to Fort Benning, GA then to Charleston, SC on to Greensboro, NC then back to Michigan, in Oct.

Dave

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
On tirerack.com all the Endurance say made in USA, 235/80/16 and 235/85/16
The only other trailer tire, Marathon says made in cn, don't know if that's Canada or china

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Just got back from the GoodYear store (non Corp, but GoodYear). Anyway they said GoodYear “doesn’t sell the Goodyear marathon trailer tire anymore “. Got an quote for 4 GoodYear Endurance ST235/80/R16 E load range, USA made..
4 tires installed & balanced & tire disposal for $718.
After Labor Day I’ll hit the tire store, have to have them before my trip to Fort Benning and home.

Dave

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Marathon are made in China. Don't wait too long, supply seems to be limited on the Endurance right now

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I have 2 trailers, they both have 16" wheels with Goodyear tires. One has Goodyear Endurance tires, they are made in the USA and I have had good luck with them although this is just the second season with them. They are 235x80x16 E rated and are very economical (if I remember correctly they were less than $175 each. My other trailer also has Goodyear tires but they are Goodyear G614 tires, 235x85x16 G rated. These tires are pretty expensive at well over 300 bucks each. Wheels and tires were $2400 but in my opinion they are worth it. They also require wheels and valve stems that are rated for use with these tires, they are inflated to 110 PSI. They are also made in the USA. We travel quite a bit pulling an enclosed trailer with a 4000 lb car inside at interstate speeds, the last thing I want is a flat tire or a blow out. Thank god so far I have been very lucky, I used to use the Marathon tires until they moved them to China. I never had any problems with them but they were US made then. I am a firm believer in 16" tires, I like the trailer tire as close to the same diameter as the truck tires as I can get so they are all turning the same rpm's

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Earlier this year I had an event down in Florida and blew out at different times all four Marathon China made tires. The tires were four years old and I thought I would make it. I am now running Endurance and so far so good as they are definitely a different tire than the Marathon. I do use pressure and temperature sensors that report up to the truck. No indication of anything wrong prior to the big bangs. Tore up several panels and a fender on my ATC trailer:doh Unfortunately 16 inch tires won't fit my wheel wells.
Robert

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Forgot to mention simpletire.com has the Endurance for $160 free shipping and the marathon $109 free shipping both 235/80/16 E rating

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Just got a quote from a GoodYear dealer for 4-ST23/80/R16E trailer tires. $719.
Problem they are on back order and only 12 are coming to the warehouse that this store (non-GoodYear Corp store, has GoodYear on its store front) uses. Going to one of the 4 local GoodYear stores now to see what if their is a $$$ difference.
I don’t tow enough to see a double $$$ in tire cost if the G rated tires cost.
Will notify everyone shortly.

Dave

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Got my quote from the GoodYear Corp store. Same tire as quoted ST235/80/R16 E-rated.
4 tires & added 3 year road hazard (free replacement) for $100 (didn’t have it with the other quote),so the new cost from the GoodYear store is $809. The other store was $719. It’s the same cost except I can have the tires within an hour, instead of waiting a few days. I don’t have the time problem, but I asked about the age of the tires and he said the Corp tires are the newest on hand date wise as they have the larger turnover of stock then he different tire wear houses. His comments not mine.
I am going with the Corp store, my choice.

Dave