Got a day off

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I took off today which gives me tomorrow too, making a 5 day weekend. The guy who blasted my front fenders for the 61 is going to bring them back today. I'm headed to West Plains this morning to try to match the paint that's on the rest of the car. I have to replace the bent up lower corner of the passenger fender and paint everything, then I can make it look like a car again.
My CPP steering box is supposed to be here today and I finally got the old big block brackets and pump to fit correctly. I also have to return the sway bar I bought from a guy in Versailles, Mo. on E-bay. It was supposed to fit but when I got it, it was for a 51-54 Chevy. Hope it's not one of you guys!

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
:pics
I took off today which gives me tomorrow too, making a 5 day weekend. The guy who blasted my front fenders for the 61 is going to bring them back today. I'm headed to West Plains this morning to try to match the paint that's on the rest of the car. I have to replace the bent up lower corner of the passenger fender and paint everything, then I can make it look like a car again.
My CPP steering box is supposed to be here today and I finally got the old big block brackets and pump to fit correctly. I also have to return the sway bar I bought from a guy in Versailles, Mo. on E-bay. It was supposed to fit but when I got it, it was for a 51-54 Chevy. Hope it's not one of you guys!

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Don, I took a real nice picture of the box I used to send the sway bar back but someone has messed up my computer and I can't figure out how to down pictures from the camera or my phone. I know I used to be able to do it.

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I guess I misunderstood. Don! Anyway, the sad story continues; I got the new box mounted and found that there is no room for a steering pump! I was trying to use the stock 396 brackets but they hit the steering box, there sure as hell ain't no room for the pump and pulley.
I went so far as to go on the Impala forum because I can't be the only person to ever try this. The moderator's advice was throw away the x-frame and buy a perimeter frame! I'm glad our moderator isn't full of good advice like that!:bow

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I guess I misunderstood. Don! Anyway, the sad story continues; I got the new box mounted and found that there is no room for a steering pump! I was trying to use the stock 396 brackets but they hit the steering box, there sure as hell ain't no room for the pump and pulley.
I went so far as to go on the Impala forum because I can't be the only person to ever try this. The moderator's advice was throw away the x-frame and buy a perimeter frame! I'm glad our moderator isn't full of good advice like that!:bow
Don’t you fellas have guns for people like that??