Got my dvd!!!!

Rich64SS

Well Known Member
Many thanks to Phil Reed and his crew for making it possible for me to experience the convention even though I couldn't be there in person!
Thanks for all your hard work :clap :clap :clap :cool:

Rich64SS

Well Known Member
Alright, I just watched the vid and all I can say is un-freakin-believable! What an outstanding job Phil and his crew did. I may have to order another dvd because I'm sure to wear this one out.

For those of you who haven't ordered it yet, DO IT! :takethat

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
You lucky guy !! I have to wait untill i move to get mine !!

How about the Thunder Valley Races ?? does it show alot?

,,dq

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I got my dvd also,great job Phil and Thanks alot :clap

dq,It has about 30 min coverage of the dragstrip and it shows you making about 4 pass's great job it looks good :)

tmracing62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Jim gets lots of track time. I think they got every pass everyone took on video. They are all wild and impressive each in their own way.

Get this DVD. It's second (barely) only to having been there. Phil did a Phabulous job. Over the top.

bobs409

Administrator
I finally got to watch some of the DVD today, it's been sitting here on my desk for a long time. Anyone that hasn't gotten this, ORDER NOW! It's way cool.

Mine has some defects so Phil is sending a new one but what I did get to see was awesome. Any 409 guy needs to have this video.

Can't wait to get the replacement so I can finish watching it. My adrenaline level was on overdrive! So much so, I had to get my 409 out and it's now sitting in the driveway! :D

While it would have been nice to actually be at this event, I'm glad I didn't have my car there. All those nice paint jobs would have shown me up. :evil I really have to get this body/paint done. Will have to wait though, this is the "year of the Impala" for me. 66 and 63 are getting most of my attention this year.

Before I go, a big thumbs up to Phil for all the work he did on that event. I'm glad I can at least "attend" by watching it on the silver screen.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I'm glad they included the seminar and Q & A session with Lamar walden. He covered alot of ground. It's worth getting the video for this section alone. That part is a little grainy. That's because it was filmed by one of the guys, I think it might have been Mark, Oil4kids. :dunno I'm glad somebody recorded it and got it to phil. :clap

Dond409

Supporting Member 1
drag races

Yes, Thunder Valley was my favorite part. For those of you that didn't attend you truely missed a good time. It was like going back in time. I really enjoyed tuning Dq's car. Did anyone notice how much Jim's times improved? Well his car is now faster than my wagon. Which is how it should be. Lighter car, more powerful engine, plus the street slicks help too. Hey how about that yellow 59 the Mustard car!! Wow!!!! And let's not forget The Blue Screamer of Allen George and Denny Ford's Biscayne going four rounds in eliminations. It was a great time and I never forget it.

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
bobs409 said:
While it would have been nice to actually be at this event, I'm glad I didn't have my car there. All those nice paint jobs would have shown me up. :evil
Bob
After I saw all those nice paint jobs, I felt the same way. The body shop told me it would be done by convention time. They ran behind schedule. (still are) Mine looked pretty bad, but I am still glad I went. They even got a shot of it in the video from about a 100 feet away. Looks kinda OK at that distance. My only regrets are not knowing about Thunder Valley. That would have been fun to watch.
Ron

bobs409

Administrator
I just got to see the whole DVD. The first copy was defective but got a replacement and this one works good. Seeing the cars racing was awesome!

Dq, your a star! (well, your car is, it got lots of coverage) I see you were wearing one of our T-shirts too! ;) It was nice to see our URL at the beginning of the video too, thanks Phil! :cool:

All those faces at the banquet but I could only recognize 3 or 4. (DQ, Doug Marion, Tom K and Phil) I bet I knew alot by forum name but not to see.

The only problem is everytime I watch this, I have a strong urge to get my 409 out and today it's raining! :mad:

Well, I guess I know what I'll be thinking about all day when I'm working on that '66 Impala fender today... I can still hear those cars running down the track. :brow