Got some fresh air today

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
i always liked the look of the missing headlight. Bought some stone guards and painted them black, moved the low beams to the inside. Should keep the small critters out.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 83
  • lights.jpg
    lights.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 83
  • TDguards.jpg
    TDguards.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 96

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
looks COOL Models and thanx for posting that part# i have a sheet of that material in aluminum, but this way looks better.

DaveFoster

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I always thought the headlight went in the outside and the air inlet went inside, did it that way to a Plymouth I had many moons ago.

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
because of the core support, the open area has to be at the outside. on a 62, removing the headlight trim lets in tons of air but looks like crap. plenty of old racecars did it that way. so Models did it the best looking way .

Attachments

• mousie 62 pic.jpg
    mousie 62 pic.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 74

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I looked at some old pics

The 62 chevys ran the air duct on the outside. Fords and Chrysler prod. used the inside. Just a matter of availabel space.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Looks great. Another BIG thank you for that part number. Seems like a simple thing, but I've asked about those for years ..... even work in parts....and all I ever got was : "IDK you'll probably have to make them outta screen."

How about on 61 Chevys ?????? Outside location also??

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Models

You are not alone liking that look for this car.

I thought I'd kept a few pictures of the "Offy plumbing" but I can't find them right now. You've got the 2X4's. Offy used to make the hoses with top-mounted carb adapters to finish an "air-induction" system for this. The 1962 chevy RAM-AIR!!

VERY NICE!

RCE1962

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Cool air for cool car.

Nice look models:clap Are you planning on hooking some ducting up to your carbs? I might have a couple photos laying around of a home made set up I used to run at the drags if your interested. The cold air induction idea is a good one and works extremely well. :beerbang

Carl.

MileHiSS

Supporting Member 1
I've looked all over for the Offy covers. If you find a set, please let me know.

315273224.jpg