Got something for our 62 today

Topstrap

Well Known Member
Thought I was going to be working on our 62 Impala all winter, got that QB engine from Bob Walla last Fall and had big plans and hoped to actually have drivetrain in by Spring but............. This was an old fashioned winter and COLD big time here in Ohio so needless to say it was too cold in the shop to even try to keep it heated to work out there.

So, looks like better weather is a coming and looking forward to getting busy on it again. So to celebrate and in anticipation to someday getting it all together and running again I started searching for license plates for it. I got original Ohio 1932 plates with the number 332 055 for my Hotrod. I didn't even notice till my Son brought it up that "hey Dad", it says 3 (window) 32 (the year) and I was born in 54 so it's as close as I'd get to being perfect.

I was scrolling down thru ebay Ohio plates and found these.
9nku.jpg

For $20.00 shipped I'd be hard pressed to find a decent pair of regular run of the mill 1962 plates so they are now on their way. Might have to get my Son to restore them before sticking them on the car.

My car wasn't an original 409 but am putting it back together with nearly all the right components so it's "close" :) If anyone asks about the plate, it's close but not exact.

Will start posting pictures hopefully soon again in my build thread.

Dennis

Last edited: