Great Lakes Gassers at Milan dragway

32chevy348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Went down to Milan drag way with friends racing their gassers. There were 42 nice gassers in the program . A brother team from New York had a real nice '31 five window Ford coupe with what looked like a 1962 409 that run real well. Anyone know them ? One of my friends ended up winning the program on Saturday.

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Would have liked to meet you, saturdays great lakes gasser program was won by Jeff Davis and his falcon gasser. I lost to him in the 1st round , he ran 11.59 on his 11.50 index, I brokeout with a 9.48 run on a 9.50 index. Jef was a tough competitor that day.
Some pictures in the events section.

32chevy348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
:burnoutDave, Did you leave early. I was there with Jim Young, Jim Howe, and Jeff Davis the Flint boys. Sorry I missed you.

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Left 7:00 am Sunday. Developed a mechanical issue on the 9.48 run against Jeff. Stayed for the gassers campfire Saturday night, the fire ,and gathering, was right behind my car. If you were at the campfire, Somehow we just didn't connect. I hate to miss a connection with another 348-409 guy.

32chevy348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
:burnoutBrain, I talked to Randy Kirker and his brother real nice guys with a real nice car. I see Randy is a new member on this sight.

32chevy348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
:burnoutDave, I think I seen you're car was it on the trailer ?

Last edited:

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Left 7:00 am Sunday. Developed a mechanical issue on the 9.48 run against Jeff. Stayed for the gassers campfire Saturday night, the fire ,and gathering, was right behind my car. If you were at the campfire, Somehow we just didn't connect. I hate to miss a connection with another 348-409 guy.
Dave,
What happened ?

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Dave,
What happened ?
Brian, I've been chasing an intake leak all year. After a few heat cycles idle went way high. I think I have figured out its really not a leak. I had built a brace across the upper part of the injectors , and after discussing this with Kinslers, found out this brace would not let the runners move with the heads when the heat expanded them, binding the casting.

32chevy348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
:burnoutNice pictures ! Thanks for posting them. Who has the black 61 ? I checked it out but he was talking to someone else.

Last edited:

32chevy348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
:drive Oh really? Ill have to check that out also. Thanks for the info.

Last edited: