Gun Buy Back Flops

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
SWEET.......................

http://dcxposed.com/2013/01/27/seattle-gun...n-gun-show-lol/

Police officers in Seattle, Washington held their first gun buyback program in 20 years this weekend, underneath interstate 5, and soon found that private gun collectors were working the large crowd as little makeshift gun shows began dotting the parking lot and sidewalks. Some even had “cash for guns” signs prominently displayed.

Police stood in awe as gun enthusiasts and collectors waved wads of cash for the guns being held by those standing in line for the buyback program.

People that had arrived to trade in their weapons for $100 or $200 BuyBack gift cards($100 for handguns, shotguns and rifles, and $200 for assault weapons) soon realized that gun collectors were there and paying top dollar for collectible firearms. So, as the line for the chump cards got longer and longer people began to jump ship and head over to the dealers.

This is pretty sweet, and actually quite brilliant. If Iowa ever holds one of these events, I would love to see local dealers follow suit. Although, the best route would be to offer 2 options. Option 1, cash and carry for your gun. Option 2. Attend a low cost group training session and learn the benefits of proper gun handling and ownership.

Of course, the PO'ed Police Chief had to get his dig in...

John Diaz, Seattles Police Chief, wasn’t pleased with the turn of events stating “I’d prefer they wouldn’t sell them,” but admitted it’s perfectly legal for private individuals to buy and sell guns, FOR NOW
Yeah, we know you don't like freedom when it comes to scary things. All the more reason to set up alternatives to your cheap buy back program.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I imagine a lot of antique and collectable guns get turned in at those things. Its good that they were able to be saved instead of scrapped.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I saw a RPG rifle on the wall of a gun shop last week,,don't know if was legal or functional...........can't belive a gun shop would have something illegal for sale for over $15oo if is indeed illegal.

On another note.....if i hear about a gun buy back in my area, i will be there across the street to buy a legal gun in a legal transaction...................
**** the libs...........

bobs409

Administrator
I imagine a lot of antique and collectable guns get turned in at those things. Its good that they were able to be saved instead of scrapped.

Don't worry, the guys collecting them probably take the ones they want home. Kind of like the saying that the cops have the best pot! :rolleyes