Gunsmoke

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Watched the show while eating a sandwich today. Did you know Miss Kitty died of AIDS in 1989?

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Watched the show while eating a sandwich today. Did you know Miss Kitty died of AIDS in 1989?
Nope. Never knew that. That was a great show. Wasn't it the longest running show ever? Maybe still holds that record, Carmine.

I just looked up Amanda Blake on line. Seems she was only married to her last husband, William Spaeth, for about 1 year. It is suspected he was a closet peter puffer and gave her the disease. If so, you talk about bad luck. Some claim their marriage was never consummated. I don't know, find that hard to believe, but I wasn't there either. Others feel she contacted the disease while on a trip to Africa. Guess she loved animals. All a moot point now.

Last edited:

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I bet he was. I mean come on, she was a beautiful woman. Being a healthy male, how could you not want to get close to that?? If so, he probably wrapped that rascal, so he's safe. Sad when you think about it. This idiot that she was married to, died in 1985. He had to be sick for a while and knew what he had. Didn't stop him from giving it to her, if in fact that is what happened. From what I read and I'm still a little unclear, I've never been known to be that way LOL, she died from some type of cancer brought on by the AIDS virus. You know, when this AIDS issue first came out, they couldn't find out how this virus started and knew little about it. Some said it was the curse of God on homosexuality. Seemed prevalent in gay males. I kind of brushed it off at the time and never gave it much thought. Not so sure anymore. Maybe it is a curse, I don't know, Carmine.

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
Ever see the Munsters episode called Hot Rod Herman? It was shot at the very nostalgic and much fabled Lions Drag Strip in Wilmington about 1965. You can watch it on Youtube. I even found a few episodes of an old program about fire and rescue personnel called Rescue 8. It was made around 1958 to around 60-61.One episode was called The Steel Mountain. On Terminal Island in L.A. Harbor, was a scrap yard. There was a huge pile of the old Pacific Electric Red Cars after they were removed from service. They used the pile of Red Cars for a set where they had to rescue a man from out of the pile before it shifted on him. The opening sequence shows the rescue vehicle entering the yard and parking next to a brand new '58 Chevy Impala convertible . It's fun looking at old reruns on Youtube and seeing neighborhoods you saw when you were little, and seeing the neat old cars.