Gurney’s 61 Impala...2018 Goodwood Revival

Hey guys, I believe this car has been discussed here already, but the Dan Gurney famous racing 1961 Impala is back on track at the Goodwood Revival this weekend. Pretty cool story!!! Awesome video as well. Hope this thing gets back to the front of the pack where it belongs...

Part 1/4 video here:

2018 Goodwood Revival live race feed here;

Last edited:

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
That looks like one of the later Larks.Studebaker used Chevrolet engines in the last two or three years of production.An earlier model with the blown R3 motor would be neater and faster.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I liked those little cars and the R3 would be a little more rare and more pricey , and I would love to have a 53 Stud a car ahead of its time style wise.

Mark

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
I used to own a 53 Commander Coupe,back in 66-67.I would love to find another good one and put a W in it.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I used to own a 53 Commander Coupe,back in 66-67.I would love to find another good one and put a W in it.

Guy in the next town over has a 53 or a 54 just sitting in his garage he brought it up from Texas several years ago but he isn't doing anything with it. Kid I went to school with bought a 64 Commander right when he got out of school had the big fins in the rear, pretty cool looking interior liked the engine turned dash.

Mark