gyro slide rear carrier cap

mipala

hi there, i have a 62 ss '09 that was road raced in the beaverton oregon area many years ago. this car has 1" sway bar front and rear, roll bar, the front fenders were modified as the radius of the wheel well extends past the style line , then back down to normal, (they were apparently stamped that way as i cant see any tool marks hamer marks or any evidence of rework for that matter) also had a gyro slide in the trunk which i would like to replicate if not find an original. does any one know of or have photo of such an apparatus? most people i tell this to think i'm just makin' it up. any leads would be gratly appreciated. also. i'mlooking for steel caps for the rear end posi carrier asa have snapped mine thanks

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Illinois Police

I rember the Illinois State Police cars had the gyro in the trunk for years.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
dq, I think that this is an apparatus that we sold at the parts house I worked at when I was a kid. 1968 or 1969. It was a 3 to 4 ft. cyl. that was filled with some type of "magic" fluid. Bolted in the trunk. Turn right--- fluid shifted to left. etc. It was so expenisive that we did not sell a single unit. Cant say if it worked or not. I had a 55 Chev. with 327 at the time. Didnt pay much attention to gadgets that would not make a car go faster. :brow