HAHAHA! You cant teach stupid sometimes!!

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hate to call myself out but this one was AWESOME!!!

So every time Jeanne and i go out in the truck for a rip I top off the fuel and let it come to temp. We cruise around and use our charts to tell us where we can pick up a bit of performance, so all is good. The other day I went to play golf and said "hell, no better way to get to the course" and took the truck. I noticed that when I would "stab" at it, so throttle position from 0 - 50+, it would lag, so a hesitation. I was logging so I took a quick look at the fuel tables and noticed a couple low spots and raised them back up and took it out of "learning"...

By the time i go home, it was getting real bad. Everytime i would just barely touch the throttle it would shudder, so limped home. The charts showed a MASSIVE drop in fuel pressure so called Don and started looking for a wiring issue. Tested to see if i had a power drop, nothing, but did notice a ground was a little loose. Still, after tightening it, nothing.. The first chart shows the drop...

I was about to siphon the tank and drop it to replace the pump, and, hahahahaha, IT WAS OUT OF GAS!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! My sending unit isnt working and thats why i always topped it off, but that time i didnt and WAM, kick in the beans!!

HAHAHAHA.... Lesson learned, dont be dumb and over think it, just put in gas!

Before and after pics below....

Running out of gas! I was noticing the injector and throttle position working great, and no pressure made me think bad pump!

2.JPG

1.JPG

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It is just a mistake is all. I bet you will not make it again. When I worked on fuel injection and there was a running problem, I always told the guys the first thing you do is verify fuel in the tank and then check fuel pressure. I have seen low fuel pressure mimic electrical and mechanical issues more than a few times. Yea, and the whole gauge thing will help also. :brow