hair brain idea

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
while doing a frame up on my 63 i bought a rotissiry after finishing under body and removing it , i am piece painting car. I tried to figure out how to paint door's and then install them without handling too much and avoid chance of scratching them . got the idea to mount each one to each end of roto. using angle iron bolted to door , used existing hole's on door's and using house door hinge's and drill hole's as needed . My roto has hydraulic jack's on each end, and can go up or down and tilt horizontally, i can prop door for vertical alignment by propping between upright of roto and inner door. the 2 by 4 's are to prop up the door's to lay flat when painting by lifting door up and installing the t board's i don't have to remove door's from roto till door is bolted to car. I also drilled 2 0ne eighth inch hole's in each upper and lower hinge's before removing door's from car when i first removed them, that will take a lot of guess work out of bolting door's simply by installing bit's into hole's and tighten bolt's. Maybe somebody has done this already, but i thought i would share my idea.

Attachments

• photo (45).JPG
    photo (45).JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 15
  • photo (46).JPG
    photo (46).JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 8
  • photo (48).JPG
    photo (48).JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 9
  • photo (45).JPG
    photo (45).JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 10

LongIsland63SS409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Nice work!

Did that trick with a 1/8 drill bit a long time ago when taking hoods off for swapping out motors on the drag car.

Keep up the nice work the car looks like it's coming out great!

Mike

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
:dance:cussyes , did hood and trunk lid drilling trick that way ,also as removing fender's i separated all fender shim's and bagged separately exactly where they went,save's a lot of adjustment time.I also made a cradle or frame unit to remove trunk lid and hood bolted to my cherry picker as i don't have to bother the neighbor's for help . I did hood on a 1966 chevy pickup off and back on by my self worked like a charm. Good neighbor's would help though if asked , a fireman , an accountant, a wall mart greeter, city worker , a pipeline construction worker although he is not home for week's and month's at a time and a retired old fart, just like me. ok i'll be quiet...........