Half A$$ed Project

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Well, the kid (#1 son) shamed me into finally starting on the 72 shortbed project……like I need another project besides my T-28, 46 Navion, 2 68 Camaros, 33 Chevy, 55 Belair, 57 Belair, 58 Corvette, 63 Corvette, 67 Nova and a few others I can't remember offhand.

He's trying to get his metal fabrication business going and wanted to do some welding work for me while waiting for shop orders. I'm paying, naturally.

Anyway, we started by cutting off the rocker panels and patching the outside floor panels and inner kick panels. It wasn't really that bad and a learning experience for him as he plans to do some other truck projects in the future. This is the typical rust repair that all the older trucks need.

Here's a few pics to get started and dI'll try to add more as work progresses.
I'm hesitant to say it in public, but I would like to get this done in time to maybe drive it to Bowling Green in June….MAYBE is the operative word. It will have a 409 for fun, of course.

As I got it

my72 4.jpg

20151210_152126_resized.jpg

20151210_150228_resized.jpg

20151208_160204_resized.jpg 20151208_160150_resized.jpg

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Is that you Cecil?????????????? I know..............just had to ask!!
But...I thought your son was in New Zealand??????????????????

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I have seen that look before, " Now son if you did it like this" :roll:roll:roll:roll

Great project Cecil, with a bit of luck I might see it at Bowling Green.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Cecil, you should trade that one with Ronnie? ;);)

I didn't know you had rust in AZ? That looks like something Bob or me would have no trouble finding. Good job for the young fella to learn on though.

Don

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
His son Casey (#2 i think) is in NZ.

Gav
It's a long story but they turned around and came back. We bought a rental house so they would have a place to live, now Im a landlord to my own son and family.........what could possibly go wrong?:rub:rolleyes
#2 son Chase is still DJ-ing in Salt Lake.

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It's a long story but they turned around and came back. We bought a rental house so they would have a place to live, now Im a landlord to my own son and family.........what could possibly go wrong?:rub:rolleyes
#2 son Chase is still DJ-ing in Salt Lake.
O really, bugger. I was going to give him a call after xmas as I'm heading north to see the folks. O well guess you will just have to bring him to Bowling Green now so I can say hi.
Gav

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Cecil:

Congrats on your new role as "landlord". I've built rental houses for each of my two boys, and now they live elsewhere. So it's up to me to take care of those six houses (and build two new ones) including mowing and snow removal. What's up with that? My solace is that they are the ones who will make important medical decisions about my health in the future :) :) :). Thankfully, they've been raised right...

TomK

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
A few of my father/son projects have ended up C.O.D. (Collect On Dad):) But all is good!

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Look's good Cecil or Casey,,,,,I and other's have mistaken the type of metal work Casey does. It's ornamental if i remember correctly!!!!!!!:scratch

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Look's good Cecil or Casey,,,,,I and other's have mistaken the type of metal work Casey does. It's ornamental if i remember correctly!!!!!!!:scratch

Don, Is Cecils truck going to be an ornament?:D
And here i was thinking he was going to drive it:drive

Steve