Handguns

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Hi everyone. On another forum, there is some discussion about arming teachers in school. The idea is getting mixed reviews. Actually, it expanded somewhat to a few mentioning that they also carry a handgun. Some concealed. Some not. Depends on their state law. I know many members here are from different area's of the country. Just curious what your laws might be and if you carry a handgun. Here in NY, it's quite a process to go through. Takes upwards of 6 months plus a training course. You can get a permit for either hunting/fishing /target practicing or full carry. I have a full carry and before getting sick, I would carry quite often. It's a little pocket gun. Can't hit crap with it but it does make alot of noise. Hopefully, scare someone off :dunno, Carmine.

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I conceal carry a Wilson EDC 9MM 16 bullets with 1 chambered.
I believe in professional training for those that carry a gun. Frequent target practice is good.
I love the 1911’s. Have several, mostly chambered in 45 caliber. But, they are a six shot gun. The idea of 10 more bullets appealed to me, so.........
hence, the Wilson EDC. I carry with hollow points.
I also have a lifetime carry permit.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
When I did carry, it was a Ruger LCP .380. It was small and easily fit in a pocket of my cargo shorts. You would never know I had it. When I felt better and was walking in the town park early every morning, I would sometimes see a bear or two. I have zero desire to me them and hope the loudness of the gun would scare them off. I'm about 8 miles from the PA. line and at times in that state, I see what appear to be civilians carrying a handgun. Maybe they don't allow concealment, Carmine.

Toms63SSQB

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Carmine, with a permit you can open carry in Pennsylvania.

Pennsylvania is a traditional open carry state. ... First, you must have a permit to open carry in the city of Philadelphia and second, you must have a permit to open carry in a vehicle. However, PA recognizes the permits of all 50 states for open/concealed carry in vehicles.

Clint

Well Known Member
I conceal carry a Wilson EDC 9MM 16 bullets with 1 chambered.
I believe in professional training for those that carry a gun. Frequent target practice is good.
I love the 1911’s. Have several, mostly chambered in 45 caliber. But, they are a six shot gun. The idea of 10 more bullets appealed to me, so.........
hence, the Wilson EDC. I carry with hollow points.
I also have a lifetime carry permit.
I too am a big fan of the.45 but I too carry a smaller gun with more capacity... I carry a sig p365 that holds 12.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I also have a Sig 9mm. I don’t know the model but it looks like a shortened 1911 .45. A bit big to carry in my cargo shorts. I don’t go to NYC as frequently as I use to, but when I do go, I take the LCP. Sometimes I even forget I have it until it clunks me in the knee, Carmine.