Handguns

Junky

Well Known Member
I also have a Sig 9mm. I don’t know the model but it looks like a shortened 1911 .45. A bit big to carry in my cargo shorts. I don’t go to NYC as frequently as I use to, but when I do go, I take the LCP. Sometimes I even forget I have it until it clunks me in the knee, Carmine.

In terms of reciprocity, New York does not honor permits from any other states.

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Haven’t fired a weapon since my Army days in 67-68.
But if I remember correctly when I fired the 1911 45cal, it took almost a week to pull it down to fire the 2nd round.

Dave

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The first time I fired a 1911 45 in the Army I was 17 on a 25 yard range. I had fired plenty of weapons I thought, so I fired away like it was nothing. I didn't hit the target once with the first clip.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Guess it's luck of the draw, I never think of these situations.
You're correct. It is the luck of the draw. I don't think about these situations constantly, but they do pop up from time to time. I just hope myself and family, friends, are never involved. I think the absolute innocence of those killed, is most tragic. We're not talking about gangs in Chicago killing each other, which I could care less about. The victims seem to be those who are doing and enjoying simple everyday things. I don't think they put themselves in a high risk category, but sadly enough, they become a statistic. You just never know and I'd like to be as prepared as possible, if need be. Not saying I could make a difference, but I would like that opportunity if the situation presents itself, Carmine.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
In terms of reciprocity, New York does not honor permits from any other states.
Yes, they are tough here in NY, even for the residents. Background check. Character references. I believe a 16 hr. gun safety course. Probably other things also. I'm not necessarily opposed to it all, but it does take about 6 months from start to finish, for a permit. Also, for a full carry concealed permit, you have to justify it. Maybe a security guard, bank courier, etc., Carmine.

Junky

Well Known Member
Yes, they are tough here in NY, even for the residents. Background check. Character references. I believe a 16 hr. gun safety course. Probably other things also. I'm not necessarily opposed to it all, but it does take about 6 months from start to finish, for a permit. Also, for a full carry concealed permit, you have to justify it. Maybe a security guard, bank courier, etc., Carmine.

Bank Robber?????? :winner

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I believe any teacher packing should go through a rigorous gun course just like their life depended on it and know the gun inside and out and know how to use it. Automatic locking doors to eliminate the chance of some idiot sneaking in after class has started so you only have the students to be concerned about.

I thought about applying for a carry permit but I don't have that much exposure with people I'm not that well traveled but like they say you never know. Other than my Hi Powers I have a Sig 2340 in 357 Sig that I can't hit $hit with but I suppose could strap my Ruger 44 mag to my leg and might be able to scare somebody and then there's always my 12 gauge pistol if I didn't mind broken bones in my hand/wrist after I shot it.:D

Mark

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
OK I got to chime in on this one, I live in Missouri where you don't even need a permit to carry concealed. If you want to carry open (I never would) you need to have a permit. I've been carrying concealed (not regularly) for over 30 years. My gun of choice is the trusty ol J frame S&W (model 442), if you can point and pull a trigger you know how to operate a revolver. I like it so much I even bought my wife one for our 38th anniversary, can't wait to get my 45 on our 45th anniversary! The round I use is a +P hollow point (ouch), plenty of power to get the job done. My theory on more rounds is Im not going into battle I just need to get out of a bad situation, and yes if you discharge 15+ rounds you better have an iron clad story or you will have a striped sun tan.