Handguns

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Hi everyone. On another forum, there is some discussion about arming teachers in school. The idea is getting mixed reviews. Actually, it expanded somewhat to a few mentioning that they also carry a handgun. Some concealed. Some not. Depends on their state law. I know many members here are from different area's of the country. Just curious what your laws might be and if you carry a handgun. Here in NY, it's quite a process to go through. Takes upwards of 6 months plus a training course. You can get a permit for either hunting/fishing /target practicing or full carry. I have a full carry and before getting sick, I would carry quite often. It's a little pocket gun. Can't hit crap with it but it does make alot of noise. Hopefully, scare someone off :dunno, Carmine.

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I conceal carry a Wilson EDC 9MM 16 bullets with 1 chambered.
I believe in professional training for those that carry a gun. Frequent target practice is good.
I love the 1911’s. Have several, mostly chambered in 45 caliber. But, they are a six shot gun. The idea of 10 more bullets appealed to me, so.........
hence, the Wilson EDC. I carry with hollow points.
I also have a lifetime carry permit.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
When I did carry, it was a Ruger LCP .380. It was small and easily fit in a pocket of my cargo shorts. You would never know I had it. When I felt better and was walking in the town park early every morning, I would sometimes see a bear or two. I have zero desire to me them and hope the loudness of the gun would scare them off. I'm about 8 miles from the PA. line and at times in that state, I see what appear to be civilians carrying a handgun. Maybe they don't allow concealment, Carmine.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
The 45 is a 90 % one shot stop gun, that is what I would carry if I was to carry a handgun.

Last edited:

Toms63SSQB

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Carmine, with a permit you can open carry in Pennsylvania.

Pennsylvania is a traditional open carry state. ... First, you must have a permit to open carry in the city of Philadelphia and second, you must have a permit to open carry in a vehicle. However, PA recognizes the permits of all 50 states for open/concealed carry in vehicles.

Clint

Well Known Member
I conceal carry a Wilson EDC 9MM 16 bullets with 1 chambered.
I believe in professional training for those that carry a gun. Frequent target practice is good.
I love the 1911’s. Have several, mostly chambered in 45 caliber. But, they are a six shot gun. The idea of 10 more bullets appealed to me, so.........
hence, the Wilson EDC. I carry with hollow points.
I also have a lifetime carry permit.
I too am a big fan of the.45 but I too carry a smaller gun with more capacity... I carry a sig p365 that holds 12.

Clint

Well Known Member
For self defense if you can't take care of business with 2-3 rounds then you probably shouldn't carry. For self defense you'll probably only get ONE shot to be legal self defense, more will get you in jail.
Sounds good in theory. But I am more of the mind that I will empty the mag and claim fear for my life.. just don't reload:winner

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I also have a Sig 9mm. I don’t know the model but it looks like a shortened 1911 .45. A bit big to carry in my cargo shorts. I don’t go to NYC as frequently as I use to, but when I do go, I take the LCP. Sometimes I even forget I have it until it clunks me in the knee, Carmine.