Happy But Sad Day

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
It saddens me to hear you sold her. What could be better than owning and be able to fly such a glorious ole bird out there doing rolls and stuff but yeah $5 a gallon for go juice and I imagine she did a pretty good job of going through the fuel but ya gotta do what you gotta to do. Back in the 70's I had a 65 Chevelle that I built and the 12 1/2 compression ratio even pinged and rattled on 260 Sunoco but my buddy worked midnight turn at our little local airport and he use to give me avgas to mix with the 260 which was a good mixture just smelled a little funny and happy belated birthday.

Mark

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Happy birthday Cecil . That video looks like fun. I always thought that would be a not seem like work career. My uncle once took me and my cousin up in his private plane once and actually let me fly it once in the air for a while, I enjoyed the heck out of that.
Yeah, I've been flying for 54 years and I think I've almost gotten the hang of it.

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Cecil, you are truly a trooper to do that restoration! And :bday1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lonnie