Happy Father’s Day

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
To everyone here....... Happy Father’s Day ......I hope your day is made special by your families.....And or, by spending the day with your father..........: or the memories of

I am fortunate enough to still have mine around ......although we can’t be together .....It was really nice to hear his voice on the telephone this morning....The song “cats in the cradle”comes to mind...... it would be nice if life could slow down and you could spend that time

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Happy Father's Day everyone...:good

Had ours yesterday late. Worked on the frikkin car all day. Cooked a 13# pork shoulder..... awesome cook I am....:browCat's in the cradle Keith is a perfect reminder for young guys out there. My Dad didn't take much time and I didn't take enough time either while the kids were growing up....thought I was too busy with the business I guess. Went to more of the Grandkids games ect than my kids...too busy trying to keep the business going. My only Son's birthday is tomorrow and we celebrated F-day and his 50th birthday yesterday. I boxed up the receipt when we bought his Honda Spree when he was 14. He paid half of it. We joked about back when I caught him coming down the Railroad Tracks with it from his friends house because it was shorter and he was late.......The other thing in his present box was the wooden car we built for the Pinewood Derby races when he was a Cub Scout.:goodDoesn't seem like I'm in such a hurry anymore...:dunno Thinkin he's coming to Thompson with me.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Spent the weekend with my younger son and his family, the older one isn't traveling with little kids at this time. We played two rounds of golf at some courses we haven't been on in decades. First hole is a 522 yard Par 5. He hits the driver 334 yards down the right side of the fairway and then plunks a 7 iron 188 yards right into the cup on one bounce :) :) :). The odds of getting an "albatross" (aka a Double Eagle) is 600 times less likely than a hole-in-one. Odds are several million to one. And that was just the first hole! I've never played with anyone that was 3 under par after one hole...

Needless to say I struggled with my bogey golf game, while he went under par for the round :). A good time was had by all, especially the brewskies used to rehydrate on a hot muggy day :).

Hope everyone had a great Father's Day weekend!

TomK

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
A couple of years back we were lucky to be invited to go to the Masters for the opening round on Thursday. The next day we played on a private course in Reynolds Plantation on a lake nearby. Had to rent left handed clubs as I didn't bring mine. First hole my drive was 150 out and I nailed a 7 iron straight at the hole. Didn't see it go in, thought it was over the backside of the green. Spent a few minutes looking for it and gave up, puzzled. Thought it was a good shot.

Went over to pull the flag for my buddy and found my ball in the cup for an Eagle. Wish I had seen it go in :) :) :).

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Happy Fathers Day to all the fathers, The wife and I spent the afternoon and had dinner at our sons house, going to spend a couple days with our daughter and see the grandkids!!!

Last edited:

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
A couple of years back we were lucky to be invited to go to the Masters for the opening round on Thursday. The next day we played on a private course in Reynolds Plantation on a lake nearby. Had to rent left handed clubs as I didn't bring mine. First hole my drive was 150 out and I nailed a 7 iron straight at the hole. Didn't see it go in, thought it was over the backside of the green. Spent a few minutes looking for it and gave up, puzzled. Thought it was a good shot.

Went over to pull the flag for my buddy and found my ball in the cup for an Eagle. Wish I had seen it go in :) :) :).

That had to be a surprise. Wished I could hit a 7 iron 150yd, anymore it's a 6.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Happy Father's Day everyone...:good

Had ours yesterday late. Worked on the frikkin car all day. Cooked a 13# pork shoulder..... awesome cook I am....:browCat's in the cradle Keith is a perfect reminder for young guys out there. My Dad didn't take much time and I didn't take enough time either while the kids were growing up....thought I was too busy with the business I guess. Went to more of the Grandkids games ect than my kids...too busy trying to keep the business going. My only Son's birthday is tomorrow and we celebrated F-day and his 50th birthday yesterday. I boxed up the receipt when we bought his Honda Spree when he was 14. He paid half of it. We joked about back when I caught him coming down the Railroad Tracks with it from his friends house because it was shorter and he was late.......The other thing in his present box was the wooden car we built for the Pinewood Derby races when he was a Cub Scout.:goodDoesn't seem like I'm in such a hurry anymore...:dunno Thinkin he's coming to Thompson with me.
Someone needs to watch out for you!!!!!!