Happy moment

biscaynewagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well, just want to share my day with you guys.

Just bought a 1958 delray wagon 2 doors and a 1961 parkwood wagon! They have been a land monuments for the last 20 years.

I’ve been nagging this guy for almost over a year and half , low and behold…. this morning out of the blue he phoned me! Made the deal over the phone right away and paid him several hours later. I guess after all, he is a nice guy ! :D

Will try to resurrect them tomorrow with the help of Aubrey and Mr. Skroth

bubbletop61

Well Known Member
Wagon Train:day shared

Nice triumph over somone elses intentions to hang on to the iron.
I have an original 1931 Chestnut Canoe that I bought from an old timer here in the Laurentians. Same kind of deal, and we were freinds. It took me almost five years to talk him into selling me the canoe ( I thionk he was stahing it for the grand children) but we cemented a great freindship along the way. He passed away
two years later.

What kind of power do the wagons have in them? Are they fairly
good body wise? The 58 2dr has to be awesome.

Bubbletop61

biscaynewagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
pictures

Pictures will be available soon.

Body wise not too bad, came with standard factory rust ;)
Engine wise, came with the everybody's fav. 6 cyl :P

61 has seatbelts and power rear window
58 has standard delray option, no fancy option

Hey Danny.... guess I better get the heck going eh ?:D
( I have a 135 mile ride ! )

If it's OK with Danny, I'll take a few digital pictures. I've already seen the cars...
should be mine:deal:deal :cuss ;)
:D

They're HEEEERE !

Well, we got in at about 1:00 AM... Both these cars hadn't run in over 15 years ! Then drove both of them in one day.
We brought the 61 to the shop... about 140 miles... on the tires that were on it ( I'll leave Danny to tell the other little "concern" about it ! )

Here's a pic of how they were sitting in the guy's yard:
Both 6 cyl 3 speed. 61 is a 9 pass with a posi.:D
Those little monsters are mine:D

biscaynewagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks Ned,

This 58 has few sad rust, bad rocker panels, quarter panels and few holes in the floor pan. Don't have any plan for it yet.

In the mean time, the 61 brookwook is being my daily driver and hopefully will have a 348 soon :D

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
HEY ,,,I know this guy about 2 hours East of you that has a few "W" block parts,,,,,,,,,,,Heeee heeee

biscaynewagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yes Jimm, as a matter of fact I spent the weekend over there helping him rescueing the NOMAD ! And most important, trying to find an over the counter ready to bolt on 348! :D

Drove there for 2 1/2 hours and YES, I really DO understand the URGE of a "W" engine ! :cuss :cuss

That's it! Now I have my ultimate reason to yank the 6 cyl. out !! :p

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
One nice thing about that 2 1/2 hour drive,,,,,,For 2 hours you can just tie off the steering wheel,set the cruz control and take a nap !! LOL !!!,,,,,,Nice shop there in Hanna EH?,,,dq

biscaynewagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
YES ! That also remain me to start a new search for a factory cruise control for my 61 brookwood ! LOL for now a couple of bricks will do just fine :D

And I absolutely agree about the A Bruneau Performance shop facility !

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
From the pictures that Aubrey put on the old site I think he's got an old WWII blimp hanger for a shop. You could easily play football in there.:cool: Roy