Harbor Freight does price adjustments + a bonus tip

bobs409

Administrator
Just a heads up that H.F does price adjustments. If you buy something and it goes on sale for less than you paid within 30 days of purchase, just go back with your receipt and they will give you the difference. Got $53.00 back today! :happy

Another thing worth mentioning, if the person at the register doesn't know about it, ask for the manager. This is a normal thing and I guess most stores probably do it.

I also have a bonus tip for you: if you get a flyer for an upcoming sale for something you want but don't feel like waiting, just go ahead and buy it for the current price and when the sale comes up, go back for the price adjustment!

Now don't you feel better for knowing all of this? :D

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Sears did this also. My dad in law bought a torch set and a week later it went on sale. They reimbursed him . This was back in the the 70's.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I received a letter in the mail, I believe last year, for a class action law suite settlement with Harbor Freight. I think I went on line to opt in to the class, not even sure what it was about. I think it said I would get a 5 or 10 dollars gift card. Well, a couple weeks ago I got a gift card for $160.00. Can't argue with that and I still don't know what it was for.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I received a letter in the mail, I believe last year, for a class action law suite settlement with Harbor Freight. I think I went on line to opt in to the class, not even sure what it was about. I think it said I would get a 5 or 10 dollars gift card. Well, a couple weeks ago I got a gift card for $160.00. Can't argue with that and I still don't know what it was for.

Send it to me Jim and I'll try to figure it out. You have my address......:winneri can tell you feel guilty.

Junky

Well Known Member
I learned about the class action and filed early. Didn't get anything! I was told that a lot of times they toss out the first filings, and tell everyone that they have to file again. Problem is, that sometimes the message doesn't get out to everyone. Don't know what happened to my claim.

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
A little update on Harbor Freight; Deb wanted to go there yesterday to get a bigger lift for her new mower. I was looking at some other stuff and the manager came up and said " didn't I sell you a welder?" I said, " you still remember that, huh?" When he found out what she was looking for, he went and dug a coupon out of the register so she could 25% off on the $229 lift. I bought a couple of little things and we got out for $201. We always get the coupons but I never think to take them with me.

Junky

Well Known Member
As a store manager for many years, I always relied on one important quote to a bully type of customer... "I deal with reasonable people reasonably, and unreasonable people not at all." In short, if you want the manager to do something that will benefit you, be pleasant.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
As a store manager for many years, I always relied on one important quote to a bully type of customer... "I deal with reasonable people reasonably, and unreasonable people not at all." In short, if you want the manager to do something that will benefit you, be pleasant.
Sounds reasonable!!!