Harbor Freight

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Curious as to how long a tire's life is when stored in a garage shelf for years?
Depends. The new tires I'm running on the front of my wagon right now are 30 years plus old. Won't be there long but they look good and run down the road nice. They were among another 1000 new tires from a dealership that closed a long time ago. Setting in a warehouse out of the elements. I pulled the paper off them myself. Look perfect. Tubeless but I am running tubes and again, its short term and not far from home either.

bobs409

Administrator
Those 30 year old tires were made better than the tires these days. It would never happen with the crap they've been making.

I have a spare tire in my stepside that I got from a parts truck that was made by J.C. Penny! Bias ply and no dry rot yet!

So how old is that one???? :D

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Bought a 2/10/50 battery charger didnt worh when I got home they replaced it no questions that one lasted a couple uses then died 3rd one didnt work on one of the modes I cut the cords off to use on something else and pitched the charger no more electronics from HF. :finger

Seon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I have a chop saw from Harbor going on 20 yrs only had to change brushes once. Lots of metal project chopped on it.
Pneumatic and electric grinders last maybe two-three years but cheap enough to toss and replace when on sale.

bobs409

Administrator
I know prices go up and H.F. seems to have raised quite a few prices on many things but this one blew me away!

I have this rollable cabinet for my mini lathe. I got it for $199 on sale and it was regularly about $229-239.

Look what it is NOW!

cab.jpg

H.F seems to be getting a little tricky. Who the hell is running that outfit these days?? Not sure if that's what you call a sale price, it's not showing the regular price like normal but this is in their latest online sale catalog. That's a hell of a big jump no matter which way!

I have their prices memorized from years of dealing with them so they aren't fooling me! Even the portable bandsaw went up to $134 on sale. Used to be $99. Another big jump!

Taking advantage of buyers isn't going to win any friends. I think they are going in the WRONG direction lately! Just my 2 cents worth.

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Still a reasonable price, Home Depot has one similar around $650 and I thought that was a good price. I guess you get what you pay for! And China has to pay for the virus somehow :crazy:crazy:crazy

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I’m northbound on I-95 and went by Harbor Freight DC in Dillion SC earlier and looked at the massive number of employees cars there. Damn lots of stuff must be bought from that big facility to require the size of the building and the numbers of employees.
Robert

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I use HF's Hardy rubber gloves. They went from $ 8.00 for a 100, to $ 15.00. Only (2) boxes per customer.:doh