Hard to find 61-62 Bubble Top Parts

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
Just curious as to what would be the really hard to find parts for this body style. Saw one in a junkyard 5-6 years ago where I go fishing. Don’t know if it’s there now, but may go and check it out this fall. Can’t remember if it had interior seats or what was left for parts on it. Drivetrain was gone. Hope the ticks are gone. Last time there, picked 23 off me, so never went back!

Fuzz

Austin Bubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I had a hard time finding inner fenders and a solid core support. I bet those are rotted already. Split front bench was not easy to find either. Front/rear splash pans and headlight buckets. I have a ton of trim and gauges, none perfect but they seem plentiful. 4-speed console would be cool I guess. Curious what you find.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
They’re not like the impala’s from this sheer standpoint there’s not a lot of them and the points been made that there’s more 409 62 Belair’s now then there was from the factory....... they’re very desirable...... any of the trim around the windows the glass the roof line everything..........

fourzeronine

Well Known Member
Basically anything from the bottom of the windows up will be bubbletop specific. If it's a '61 and the bottom half is trashed, cut the entire roof out so that it can be swapped on to a '62. If it's a '62, drag the whole thing home.

I had a hard time finding inner fenders and a solid core support. I bet those are rotted already. Split front bench was not easy to find either. Front/rear splash pans and headlight buckets. I have a ton of trim and gauges, none perfect but they seem plentiful. 4-speed console would be cool I guess. Curious what you find.

Most all of those parts listed are common with the non-bubbletop body styles. Only some of the trim would be specific.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Back in 1963 my buddy had bought a used 62 bubble top orignal 409 4 speed light blue with the dog dish caps white walls and just plain stock. He drove it as a daily driver and never raced it, babyed it as it was his only car. Did not have it very long as he thought it was not practical for going to work, play everything being single I questioned him as to why he needed that 409. I rode in it as it did sound mean with the solid lifters . He liked it but soon found out it would lose its performance with the town cruising and the gas mileage. .He traded a short time later for a new gto.If only he would have known what that car would be worth today he would have a nice return . He had the resources to keep it and store it and just get another car for his daily transportation as he was employed with power company as a systems operator.( I get that right)???? Oh well if we would have known a lot of things back then.

Last edited:

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
All outside trim from the belt line up.
Inside window garnish moldings.
Body color painted metal tracks that screw to the hardtop (side glass seals into when windows are rolled up).
Brake / clutch pedal assembly with bell crank & pivot rod.
Front & rear seat frames.
Window regulators, & linkage. Vent window assemblies.