Harmonic balancer clearance

427John

Well Known Member
I don't know if its the same outfit,but back when 2nd gen F bodies were still the rage for types of racing where you made left and right hand turns,Quikor Eng. made tons of chassis stuff for them.

El Rat

Well Known Member
As above: if you put the crank gear on backwards it won’t go on all the way I.e. the champher (if there is one) should face the crank throw. The gear needs the champher to relieve the “strain” on the crank radius.

Jayz63

Well Known Member
Okay thanks for the picture. Yeah I had a reputable shop rebuilt the engine. When I put the pulley on it lined up
With the water pump pulley so everything appears to be lined up correctly

Gofish

Well Known Member
It looks about like mine. If the flange pushed past the oil seal on the timing gear cover so it will seal and the pulley lines up with the water pump you’re there. Be careful using a hammer on that though (or don’t do it) - a balancer install tool is far gentler and can be borrowed from big auto parts stores (like O’Reilly’s, etc.).

Jayz63

Well Known Member
Problem solved. I had the wrong front stabilizer bar. I purchased the one that Paul suggested a addco 706 and it fit perfect. Now I have room for belts.

Attachments

• 156A3931-F11D-4D7C-9C99-7F6457A0ECF9.jpeg
    156A3931-F11D-4D7C-9C99-7F6457A0ECF9.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 46
  • ECEDDED1-18EF-4A3C-B908-28DE3342750B.jpeg
    ECEDDED1-18EF-4A3C-B908-28DE3342750B.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 46

Jayz63

Well Known Member
That is the pump that autozone called for and many other auto part stores. Would there be a problem using that specific pump

427John

Well Known Member
It does appear to be the good carter style with the big inlet and outlet,so long as the pressure is right it should have enough flow provided the engine isn't a big high powered stroker.

Jayz63

Well Known Member
Yeah not a stroker but just a beefed up stock motor. Maybe I’ll remove that nipple on the pump. It does bug me a bit. Lol.