Harrells 63 Z11

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Cool picture Mark. :cool: :clap I recall that you were talking about Z-11 heads at the convention. Were you thinking about building a Z-11 replica?

oil4kids

Well Known Member
Z11 Replica

Yes Im redoing Harrells 64 Black Nova Z11 nova, Most of his shop guys think it was around 480 cubes too, except when he ran NHRA events which he used the 427 stock block. It was originally a Bill Thomas race car he later painted it red, altered the Wheelbase and put in the newer 427 big block chevy.

I have more photos but this website it too limited on the size of pictures

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Mark, Email them to me and I will resize and post them for you,,,,dq

oil4kids

Well Known Member
Harrells 61 409

photo of the '61 with Dick Harrell with his green/white '09 That photo was taken at the San Gabriel Drag Strip the weekend prior to the 62 Winternationals. That is Mr. Chevrolet himself behind the wheel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The 61 photo was taken at a tune-up event the week before the Winternationals in San Gabriel Ca. You can recognize the mountainrange in the background. The car at the right edge of the picture was the front of "the late" Les Ritchey406" Ford. All the hot dogs were there... Ronda, Nicholson, M.T., Profitt, Landy, Ritchey. Strickler - Jenkins. Dick had them scratching their heads, because they had only heard of, but never seen him prior to that. If I remember correctly, only Nicholson was quicker on that day, by hundreths...JE... ..

Thanks Jim Elgan for your information

Attachments

• 61early harrell.JPG
    61early harrell.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 112