has anyone bought a new back glass for '62-'64 2 dr HT?

61-63

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I bought two from Pilkington Classics (PPG) for my '63 Catalina and both were too short side to side. If placed in the rubber weatherstrip and installed in the car the edge of the glass would show on one side unless the glass was centered in the opening in the top. And if centered you can pull the edge of the weatherstrip up on either side and see both edges but a casual observer cannot if the rubber is left flat. After the first one didn't fit I called Pilkington Classics in Columbus Ohio and they said they had a bad run of those glasses and would exchange the one I had for another one. The replacement was too short too so I sent it back and got a refund. All of this was in 2013. I have the original back glass but bought a new windshield for this car, as well as just about everything else, so want a new back glass too if I can get one that fits. There is an outfit in Minnesota I think that also sells '62-'63 back glass but I don't know where they get theirs from. So has anyone ever bought a new one that fit and if so where did you get it.

I realize my car is a Pontiac and not a Chevy but all of those GM cars except Cadillac has that same fake convertible roof in those years so the back glass is the same I would think.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It's now 2018, I think you're safe to buy now. Auto City Classic in mn

Last edited:

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I have purchased 5 sets of reproduction date coded E-Z-Eye glass from Auto City Classic in Minnesota for my 62 Chevy frame off restorations.
Zero problems with fit and they stand behind their products to my knowledge
My 62 SS 409 Hardtop(in my Avatar) has date coded windshield, back glass and side glass from Auto City Classic.
perfect fit no problems. Date coding/E-Z-Eye labeling is extra cost but worth it to me.

I looked at Auto City Classic Inc. listing of glass and it appears that they list a 63 Pontiac 2 door Hardtop as the same as a 62 Chevy
In fact I think 62 to 64 Chevy, Pontiac 2 door Hardtops are the same back glass(assuming your Pontiac is a 2 door Hardtop).

Paul

61-63

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Auto City Classics is who I was thanking of. Good to hear thanks for the responses.

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Auto City Classics, used in all of my 62 restorations. Never had a problem with fit...

Junky

Well Known Member
How close to the original is the original green tint glass from Auto City Classic to the original glass? All my glass is original and perfect, except for the vent window glass, which the safety plate is starting to deteriorate.