Having a kniption

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Yeah, that's happened to me with parts also Jeff. Guess I never understood why they couldn't get it right the first time. They must have the specs or an original to use as template. Maybe make some small adjustments to get it to fit and look the way it's suppose to. PITA to send things back, Carmine.

bobs409

Administrator
The best thing to do is to send bad parts back every time! If the seller keeps getting them back, they might get the hint and stop selling garbage! Tell them about it too. I blame the vendors in part because they should weed out the junk and not sell it. Many will just keep on doing it though...

The company that had China, etc make the parts is also to blame. Whoever's name is on it should not offer inferior parts. Plenty of them out there...

Well, it's early, have more bitching to do elsewhere. Don't want to peak too soon. :D

wristpin

Well Known Member
Im in the process of putting in the THIRD fuel pump in my S-10 within 6 weeks...the 2nd was spraying fuel onto the bottom side of my header IMMEDIATELY after install. It was spraying from the tig welded discharge threaded female block. The first one sprayed from the rolled ridge at the diaphram. Can't anyone make parts properly. They save a few pennies per part. I'd gladly pay more for a part that works properly for a long period of time!! My time is worth something too!!
:mad3

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Dick do you have another very nice 62 hood out back? I’ll drive up some morning for donuts and pick it up
Robert

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Dick do you have another very nice 62 hood out back? I’ll drive up some morning for donuts and pick it up
Robert

The hood off the parts car is gone but I do have a fair hood in the barn Robert. Has some rust under the lip. I'll try to get a photo for you. I really don't think you would want to use it on your car though. The next two days are pretty busy but I'll get to it Tuesday.

Last edited:

62BillT

Well Known Member
Im in the process of putting in the THIRD fuel pump in my S-10 within 6 weeks...the 2nd was spraying fuel onto the bottom side of my header IMMEDIATELY after install. It was spraying from the tig welded discharge threaded female block. The first one sprayed from the rolled ridge at the diaphram. Can't anyone make parts properly. They save a few pennies per part. I'd gladly pay more for a part that works properly for a long period of time!! My time is worth something too!!

I still have what could possibly be the original Fuel Pump in my '72 C-10 with a 307. I have had the truck for 18 years now and it looked original back then, but that said, it has to be least 20 years old. Now... I've been thinking about changing it, preventative maintenance wise, but maybe I should just leave it alone, lol.

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I finally ended up making my own holes. Still had to bend the crap out of the bracket that bolts to the fender well. I try to buy the made in USA stuff as much as possible because the quality is so much better. Proved my own point again.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I guess there are difference's in manufactuer. After I installed mine a friend of mine was replacing the battery tray in his customers 63 ss that he was rewiring and installing vintage air. I asked him if he had any problem lining it up , he said nope ,fit right in....:wtfI did not ask where he got his tray. I can't ask now because he had brain cancer and has passed away.... :pout

55Brodie

Well Known Member
Taiwan piece of shit. Ordered a new battery tray and hold down from Classic Industries. Evidently in Taiwan bolt holes within a half inch meet specs. Pissed off and about out of Crown so must be time to call it a day.
Thanks for reminding me about the gook 409 valve covers I "scored" on Ebay. They look like a 6 year old whittled them out with a deer antler.Why do the people who commision these parts settle for crap?

Kaycee

Well Known Member
Got my consloe together and the kids ordered me a rear console light and housing from classic Ind. what POS that is no way it fits right in the hole. finally rigged it up so it somewhat fits. Allso the door mirrors and the radio ant. didn't fit worth a sh@# either.