Hayden Proffitt's Z11 (a tribute)

409envy

Well Known Member
For all you who don't know.....Evan is only 39 years old!!!!!!! He is one of the young guns who will carry our beloved cars to more generations!!! He will be our saviour!!
His birthday is in a week or two.

Phil gives me more credit than I deserve, but I really do appreciate his compliments and his guidance. I am blessed to have his help along with Russ and Dennis. Without them I would still be just dreaming about these Z11 cars. Still have to pinch myself that I’m this close to making one a reality.

409envy

Well Known Member
The Aluminum I have is what you see...hood and fenders. I have my feelers out for the rest of it but the bumpers and bracket, grill brackets and bumper filler are harder to find.

I am still attempting to source an engine or top half. Several irons in the fire.

409envy

Well Known Member
Now that the body is down in MO for paint I am starting on the frame. Thanks to Dennis I have access to the brake vent covers that were used on Z11 (and Z06 corvette). Plan to cut out vents and weld in wire mesh then have blasted and painted. I don’t plan on running the sintered metal brake pads that were also a feature because they are extremely difficult to find and the segments had a tendency to come loose and cause catastrophic brake failure.
FFD325A1-EA55-4787-AB36-1D253F690018.jpeg

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Others can correct me if I’m misremembering but the Norwood Z11 (aka Brian Batchelder Z11) currently resides in a sea container in Arizona with its original engine and Nearly compete.

When I spoke to the current owner several years ago, I believe it was a rolling chassis only. It had a small block when his father bought it. Does not mean he did not have the original engine, but not sure about it.
At that time he did not want to sell based on his price, but someone give him a call.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Is that still too much before a restoration if it has most of the key parts?
Yes it is to much. Would be a different story if there were files of historic information that went with the car. Here its just whatever the historians can pull together and whatever the living drivers/owners remember. It was raced and is a Z11 but someone would need to have more money then they know what to do with to take on a full restoration on a car that in this case would be worth less than if purchased for $150k.