Hayden Proffitt's Z11 (a tribute)

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
frame looks great - stainless brake and gas lines or steel lines ? The upper control arms look the ones on my 62 SS 409 Hardtop

I do not see a z bar support bracket on your frame ?
You're going to have a 4 speed?
Paul

409envy

Well Known Member
Will be installing a z bar and all 4 speed components... Brake and fuel lines are steel not stainless, I went with steel for the sake of originality. I won't be running ethanol fuel through them so corrosion should not be an issue. Car will never see Rain or snow so it should stay nice for a long time.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I forgot, how did you finish the frame, paint or powder coat?

Talked to a guy this weekend who recommended a powder coating guy about an hour or so away, he charged $300 to powder coat an X frame. Thinking about how I might finish the '62 convert frame after Rodney blasts it...

Great progress! TomK

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
TOM,
My last 3 restorations all have power coated frames and suspension. My 18 year old 62 Impala SS 409 restoration has a frame and black suspension on the frame looks as good as it did 18 years ago(clean with glass cleaner) $ 300 is cheap to powder coat a frame. That is less than 1/2 what it cost me.

Tom -My recently completed 62 SS 409 convertible frame in these 3 pictures
P1000484.JPGP1000489.JPGP1000492.JPG

Paul

wristpin

Well Known Member
Ive had truck, car and motorcycle frames and parts powder coated for years. Its beautiful and more durable than paint. On parts i want to paint over i have them PC with textured paint. Then primer and paint as if its bare metal.
Thank you for posting pics of your build it gives me inspiration and ideas!