Hayden Proffitt's Z11 (a tribute)

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Never used a rotisserie before but shouldn't there be bracing welded inside even though the floors may not be coming out. By attaching to the outer most body mounts only, that would get the body to flex. Just wondering.
Mainly on convertibles only, unless you’re gutting the inside floors & rockers. I’ve done many hard tops and sedans & wagons with no problems

409envy

Well Known Member
The gentleman doing the restoration has done many x-Frame cars in the past so I yield to his experience and expertise. The unibody of these cars is actually pretty rigid so I would not be worried about flex at this stage. As Brian mentions, only when the floors and rockers need to be removed should bracing be considered. I’m sure after the car is media blasted they will brace it since the drivers side rocker and wheel house need to be replaced.

409envy

Well Known Member
In other news I think I finally tracked down the elusive contingency sticker that Hayden had on his lower quarter panel. At first I thought it was and Iskendarian Cams decal but after looking closely at a few color photos of other cars with the same sticker I think it is an early Hurst decal.

You can see the same sticker on the quarter window of this bubble top:
009_228_orig.jpg

And I found a photo of the actual sticker on the H.A.M.B. I think I will take a digital copy of this to someone who does vinyl graphics and have it reproduced.
external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
In other news I think I finally tracked down the elusive contingency sticker that Hayden had on his lower quarter panel. At first I thought it was and Iskendarian Cams decal but after looking closely at a few color photos of other cars with the same sticker I think it is an early Hurst decal.

You can see the same sticker on the quarter window of this bubble top:
View attachment 88309

And I found a photo of the actual sticker on the H.A.M.B. I think I will take a digital copy of this to someone who does vinyl graphics and have it reproduced.
View attachment 88310
So there is a difference between artistic minds and non-artistic. An artistic mind would have seen the H and used it as such. A non-artistic mind would have seen the "Hurst Performance" writing and would have turned the sticker to ensure others could read it up close. Not realizing the Large H made up by the two colors would have been recognized from 200 feet away and not the words on it. The person that put the sticker on either didn't see the H or didn't like the shifters. Certainly someone pointed this out back then as well.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
So there is a difference between artistic minds and non-artistic. An artistic mind would have seen the H and used it as such. A non-artistic mind would have seen the "Hurst Performance" writing and would have turned the sticker to ensure others could read it up close. Not realizing the Large H made up by the two colors would have been recognized from 200 feet away and not the words on it. The person that put the sticker on either didn't see the H or didn't like the shifters. Certainly someone pointed this out back then as well.

So I'm artistic.... :lmaoOh boy Randy, but I did see the H.

409envy

Well Known Member
Yes, was professionally set up and had posi carrier rebuilt. I don’t ever intend on racing the car so it will see light duty only