Hayden

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Here is Hayden on the left and Tom Jacobson on the right.......some goofball in the middle.

They came out to the shop Saturday afternoon when the races were cancelled. I'll post more about Hayden's week later this evening. He absolutely had the time of his life!!!!

Attachments

• haydentomphil.jpg
    haydentomphil.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 163

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
As some of you know, Hayden lost his wife June on Jan. 9 this year. That was the day of their 41st wedding anniversary. As Hayden said, he has been in a cocoon for the last 4 months.

But he has called twice since Monday. He said this convention was the best thing to happen to him in a long time. He still cannot believe all the good things that everyone told him!! He said he has laughed harder and more than at anytime in quite a number of years. All of you that came up and talked with him and told him about your experiences either with him or at the drag races....really had a positive effect on him. I am real happy for that. And I know that this was the first trip for Tom Jacobson and Fred since their losses. And both told me that they were sure glad they came.

Hayden doesn't have a computor anymore. But I received a couple of emails today from guys who expressed their gratitude with his visits. If any of you want to send me your emails, I will run copies and forward them on to Hayden for you. I can't say enough of how he appreciated all your conversations. You all pretty much made his week!! :clap :clap :clap

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Made his week?????????????????????? He sure made mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too bad everyone couldn't hear some of the stories told. But, maybe it's a good thing, too. Some are somewhat unbelievable. And, Les Shockley. Did I hear some stories from him. WOW.
Phil, I got a picture of Dean, Hayden, and myself, that I will treasure the rest of my life. You tell him that. I'll post it if I can get it reduced enough.

Fred

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I Like It!!

Fred

I know I told you...but I just love the way you had your car letter just like it was back in the old days!! THAT WAS COOL!!!!!!

tmracing62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Phil -

As I mentioned to you today - you changed lives. All that hard work you and everyone else that worked with you did made a huge difference to some of us.

As kids, we admired Hayden for his skill as a racer. As adults, we admire him for his first class character. You brought him to us and we sincerely thank you. This is a hard time in his life and you made it possible to remind him that it can be a shared load and not to lose sight of the big picture. Of the many fine things that came out of the event, this was the one thing you and yours can be most proud of having accomplished.

The reason I am pushing for the tour is to keep him juiced. And it's selfish too. I not only want more of his humor and wisdom, but I want others to have it too.

- Michael