Head casting 3758379

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I'd see if I could delete or upgrade the cam, lifters and pushrods. The 333's are still small port so I'd look at BWRs or Eddies. There are also some iron big port heads for sale on this site, depending on the price and condition that could also be an option. I have also had better experience with Scat than Eagle as far as finish machining on the cranks. So I guess you could piece together a better "kit" for not much more money.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
This kit also makes no mention of rods,which will be a 6.135 big block rods.They do have a Scat rod in this size for about 300 dollars.As to the heads.with your 91 octane limit,I'd go with the alloy head as the heat rejection of those heads will have the effect of lowering your compression by a little over a point of compression,making them better for street use on pump fuel.Bob Walla's heads are comparable to the Edelbrock heads in price,of better quaility,and are worth about 1/2 a point of compression increase over the Edelbrock parts.They're cam listing is for the basic,stock replacement grind,which will not work well in an engine of this size.