Head port for electric fan temp sensor

mmanship

Supporting Member 1
Is there a port on one of the heads that the temp sensor, that controls the activation of my cooling fans, can be screwed into? I installed the sensor in the top heater hose. Set them to come on at like 165. Fans don't come on until like 190. Guess that is the wrong place for the sensor. I am using the intake manifold port already for my under dash gauge. Engine is 340 hp QC block. What about a t-stat housing with a port for the sensor?

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
You could use one of the "smog"thermostat housings with the hole for your sensor.The heater hose is too far away from the engine for the quick response that you want.

mmanship

Supporting Member 1
That,s an idea. Is there a port or block drain that I could put the sensor in and get the fans to come on quicker?

jeff hall

Well Known Member
Ecklers Late Great has a cast freeze plug that is threaded to take a temp. probe. You can install it by the oil sender unit so it is out of sight. Eckler's part # 40-246-787-1 on their web sight.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Can you set them to come on at say 150? That might get you in good place for them to come on?

Don