Headers/ Valve covers

Well I traded for the 62....Need info on where to find full length headers and paintable or chrome valve covers for 62 Impala 409.....thanks

58 Guy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
ditto

I would also like to know where to get headers 348 409 for my 58 the only ones I've seen much of are the Sanderson block huggers and do it yourself header kits.
John

58 Guy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Headers

Thanks Willy I've seen these before but up here in the great white north there are few parts places to get these ordered in, as soon as you say 348 409 there eyes roll back or they rubb there hands cause of the price.

Anybody had experience with the kits that you can buy or whether the Hookers are better than the Sandersons?

Thanks again John:cheers

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
headers for 348/409

My header research is the following:
I would look at the headers listed in the show cars site then compare costs with other sources.
http://www.show-cars.com/06 Exhaust 1.htm

I wanted 2" or larger headers for my 409 stroker motor. The Jardine headers shown on the site (with pictures ) are the ones I bought. I bought them directly from Jerod Jardine. See my pictures in 62 clutch fork -scattershield(http://www.348-409.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18135), I had them ceramic coated in Waverly Neb for $260. I am getting a connector to my mufflers with drag racing outlets for these headers from Jared Jardine.

The Doug Thorley Tri Y headers are nice, two friends have them on their cars, no modifcations necesary to make them fit. I did not want them because the tubes are too small.

The Hooker headers in large tube sizes are a terrible fit. I have pictures of some on a 62 BelAir and the owner had to grind on the a-frame, bend the lip on the firewall, and cut the inner fenders. Its strange that they would sell something that does not fit our cars.

I will be installing my headers soon and can post some pictures.

I have some from Jared Jardine installed on a 62. I could not upload them, I can send a e-mail to anyone with these pictures.

Paul Stensland
Iowa

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks Willy I've seen these before but up here in the great white north there are few parts places to get these ordered in, as soon as you say 348 409 there eyes roll back or they rubb there hands cause of the price.

hry John,
If you need help getting parts let me know. I should be able to help.

Dave