heard a story

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Need more info on this car. You talked to this person on the phone? Where is he from? Are you setting up an appointment to go see the car and verify? What's going on this is HUGE. Is the car going up for sale?

Hi There,
I am in New Zealand sop will not be going to have a look at the can and have no interest in purchaseing it. My pockets are not that big.
Would love to see it and purchase it but will not happen.
I put this out there to see if anyone else had heard this

Supposed to be in a collection in nebraska but dont know where
I was going to put the information on here as i got it
Dont know how 100% reliable the source is so until i get more information or photos cant add much sorry

Steve

wristpin

Well Known Member
Im in nebraska. If anyone has info on who to contact I'd be happy to run it down and see if permission given to take pics with whatever restrictions owner decides.
Anyone have info on contacts here PM me
If Phil would care to join me to view it if it's here I'd be Honored!!!

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Does anyone know of a Z-11 car in the Nevada area? Supposed hasn't seen the light of day since the 70s...

Reactions: 327

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Does anyone know of a Z-11 car in the Nevada area? Supposed hasn't seen the light of day since the 70s...
Tom, there is the Z-11 car stored in a shipping container, or was, in the Phoenix area. I have the info, guy does not want to sell. Not sure if that’s the car you are referring to.
Pat

Z-11Guy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It’s the one Arizona stored in a 48” foot enclosed trailer. Blake family owned it since the late 1970’s or so. Original owner Brian Batchelder out of Portland ME.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I have been there and looked over the car ....probably in the early 90's. The Z-11 air cleaner was hanging on the wall of his shop.
Wanted $100,000.
He was into Mopars.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Yep, had a small block in it when they bought it.
I have been there and looked over the car ....probably in the early 90's. The Z-11 air cleaner was hanging on the wall of his shop.
Wanted $100,000.
He was into Mopars.
Here is a video I found ….…at the 1:27 mark, is this the car that was in Arizona…..??? in the trailer…….????

Reactions: 327

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I think I may have answered my own question ….upon further inspection I see that there is an antenna on the rear quarter……Years ago I can remember seeing a little snippet of an article at the front of my think it was a super Chevy magazine it was just a very short little lead it wasn’t a full story that showed the backend of white 63 they said it was a Z 11 and it was in a trailer…. the car had been Cut with radius wheel wells like in the back of the car in the video…..(Gasser like) and I think it had a/FX written on it ….

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
In 1980, I was just getting our 409 Chevy Club of America up and running, with much help from Doug Marion of Super Chevy fame, and I got a phone call from a former racer named Bill Mitchell, wanting to know about the Club. He had a 55 Chevy old drag car with a fiberglass front end, a Pontiac rear end, a 4 speed, and a 409 short block,.060"over with roller rockers, a roller cam and a pair of AFB's. We went over to Granada Hills to visit him, and in the meantime, he put the engine back together and put it in the "55. It was one loud dude. It sounded like a jack hammer doing concrete demolition. Seems that in the mid '60's, he bought a black 63 Chevy with a Pontiac rear end that had an altered wheel base, and this engine in it with a 4 speed. It originally was Mike Lenke's car. When San Fernando drag strip went away, he pulled the engine and sold the car . It disappeared after that. It used to go something like 11.50's at old SF back in the day at around 120. Several years later, he sold the top end of that engine to a guy named Mike Martin. We all had no idea what this stuff eventually would be worth, but I'm sure it's still out there. At least that might answer any questions about the black z-11 car.

Z-11Guy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I thought it was Paul Mitchell thought I could be wrong. He bought the car from Earl Wade in 1965 after the wheel base was altered a bit and competed in A/MP. Mitchell sold the body to somebody in Phoenix and the last time it was spotted was in 1985 sitting behind a muffler shop in pretty tough shape RC Moore was the owner after Mitchell as I recall. My memory is starting to let go unfortunately. Hopefully it got saved. Mike Martin had the grey ghost Z-11 and the aluminum noses off the Butch Leal, John Hagen and Don Kimball Z-11 Chevy’s and the QM engine from Leal’s car and a ton of other Z-11 engine parts. He sold majority of the stuff to Don Fezzell.